VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Parent Child video tracks in Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 15

• Brian
  • Brian's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3
  • Thank you received: 10

Parent Child video tracks in Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 15 was created by Brian

Posted 19 Feb 2019 03:44 #1
The help file on MSP 15 shows a photo of video track header showing parent child buttons. Also shows a slider similar to vol slider on audio tracks. This does not appear on my version of MSP 15. What's it for and how can I get it to appear?

Last Edit:19 Feb 2019 07:07 by Brian
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Parent Child video tracks in Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 15

Posted 19 Feb 2019 07:25 #2
Hi Brian

Thank you for posting on the forum. This is a much better place than Facebook.

Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 15 uses the new "hamburger" system, which allows each user to customize which button sets appear.
I recommend turning all buttons on to begin with.

1. Press button that looks like 3 horizontal lines, then select Edit visible button set

2. Select Show all and OK

3. Press Make compositing child to turn child on
Press Make compositing parent to turn off

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Attachments:

• Brian
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3

Replied by Brian on topic Parent Child video tracks in Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 15

Posted 19 Feb 2019 22:28 #3
Hi Derek
Thanks for your prompt reply but you don't mention my original observation that the slider labelled "level" shown on my attachment doesn't appear. It doesn't appear in the "Edit visible button set". What is it's function?. Thanks, Brian
by Brian

Replied by ericlnz on topic Parent Child video tracks in Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 15

Posted 20 Feb 2019 12:26 #4
Unfortunately the Help item image you show is from Vegas Pro, not VMS and the "level" item doesn't exist in VMS. The images in Derek's reply correctly show VMS and should be identical to what you have.

Sadly this isn't the only Help screen item, either image or text, which is incorrect and misleading for users. I find it very frustrating at times.
Last Edit:20 Feb 2019 12:28 by ericlnz
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Parent Child video tracks in Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 15

Posted 20 Feb 2019 14:58 #5

Thanks for your prompt reply but you don't mention my original observation that the slider labelled "level" shown on my attachment doesn't appear.

I was answering so many messages in one session, my blinkers were on and I didn't read the second part of your question.

As Eric as pointed out, Video Composite Level sliders are not part of Vegas Movie Studio - this is a Vegas Pro function only.
However, Vegas Movie Studio users can still adjust Video Composite Levels by activating a Composite Level Envelope.
This will turn on a blue line that can be dragged down or key-frame points can be added to make continual adjustments along the track.
Tip: If you want to learn how to add key-frame points to a video/audio envelope, watch this old tutorial:
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/sony-movie-studio-platinum/61-how-to-edit-audio-volume-a-pan-envelopes-using-sony-vegas-movie-studio-hd-platinum-10

I will report the errors in the Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 15 Help File to MAGIX directly.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Attachments:

Posted 20 Feb 2019 15:02 #6

ericlnz wrote: Sadly this isn't the only Help screen item, either image or text, which is incorrect and misleading for users. I find it very frustrating at times.

Hi Eric
If you know of any other errors in the Vegas Movie Studio Platinum Help File, please start a New forum thread and let me know what they are.
OR if there is already a thread about this on the official Vegas forums, let me know the link.
I am in direct contact with some helpful people at Magix and can report any errors in the Help files directly to them.
I have noticed other errors myself, but remember what they were right now.
Last Edit:20 Feb 2019 15:03 by DoctorZen

• Brian
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3

Replied by Brian on topic Parent Child video tracks in Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 15

Posted 20 Feb 2019 22:17 #7
Thanks for the clarifications.
by Brian
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.925 seconds