VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Question Reporting incorrect product features & instructions in HELP FILES for VEGAS Movie Studio Platinum

• DoctorZen
  • DoctorZen's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Don't Panic !
  • Thank you received: 1557
Hello forum members

Various Vegas users have been discovering errors in the official HELP FILES for Vegas Movie Studio Platinum.
The most common error, is Help Files for Vegas Pro are showing in the Help Files for Vegas Movie Studio Platinum - this is clearly creating a great deal of confusion!

If you discover such an error, please report it here !
Upload a screen shot from the section of the Help File, that clearly shows the problem and explain briefly what you think the error is.
I will then forward these errors directly to Magix, so that the people in charge of creating the official Help Files, can fix them.

The first error that has been reported, is shown in the info for parent tracks.
Screen shots for this topic are showing Video Composite Slider controls for Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 15.
This function is a Vegas Pro features only!
www.moviestudiozen.com/forum/movie-studio-platinum/2198-parent-child-video-tracks-in-vegas-movie-studio-platinum-15#11096

Regards
Derek (aka Doctor Zen)
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:02 Feb 2021 01:20 by DoctorZen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Derek

I don't know if this one has been reported but pasting individual event attributes is a Pro only feature not available in MS.

PS: Can this thread be pinned to the start of the VMS section to make it easier to find?
Last Edit:24 Apr 2019 20:10 by ericlnz
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• DoctorZen
  • Don't Panic !
Hi Eric

I have pinned this topic as requested by yourself.

I also have sent a message to Magix and have asked who to report these errors to.

Cheers :)
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ericlnz

Another one - Displacement Map. Not something I had heard of but cropped up on the Magix Vegas forum.

www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/text-glitch-effect--115781/
by ericlnz

• DoctorZen
  • Don't Panic !

ericlnz wrote: Another one - Displacement Map. Not something I had heard of but cropped up on the Magix Vegas forum.

www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/text-glitch-effect--115781/

Thanks Eric.
I know who to send these requests to now.
The Vegas team in USA are aware of the problems with many Help files, but unfortunately they have nothing to do with their creation and maintenance, which is now controlled by Magix Germany.

When I have some spare time, I'm going to do a forensic examination of the VEGAS Movie Studio Platinum Help files.
The BIGGEST problem seems to be Vegas Pro features that are wrongly being listed in Vegas MS as well.

Thanks Derek.
The inaccuracies don't reflect well on Magix and can cause much frustration as users expect the information to be correct. It also irritates me when you read through a Help item then at the bottom there's a comment that such and such isn't available in VMS, only Pro. If it's not available then it shouldn't be mentioned. The VMS Help Screens are obviously a poor copy and paste job from Vegas Pro. The errors get carried through into the pdf Manual. Personally I rarely refer to the pdf but there are some users, and potential users, that do.
I often feel that VMS has a disadvantage compared to its competitors because it's Vegas Pro with bits cut out rather than a programme designed ground up with the consumer in mind.
Last Edit:20 May 2019 18:27 by ericlnz

• DoctorZen
  • Don't Panic !

FayFen wrote: Here two simple errors.

What are the errors ?
Are you referring to the .veg reference only ?
I am asking so that there is a clear understanding of what you are pointing out.
Last Edit:10 Jul 2019 09:47 by DoctorZen

Indeed, I saw that first in the VMS16 pdf so I went to find any veg files... I couldn't open them in VMS.
Do you?
by FayFen

• DoctorZen
  • Don't Panic !
You can only open .vf Vegas Movie Studio files in Vegas Movie Studio and Vegas Movie Studio Platinum.

You can open .vf Vegas Movie Studio / Platinum project files in Vegas Pro.
You cannot open .veg Vegas Pro files in Vegas Movie Studio / Platinum.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 1.093 seconds