VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Stuttering Video issue/New desktop

Replied by huskereurocat on topic Stuttering Video issue/New desktop

Posted 09 Mar 2019 05:24 #11
Gee, I wonder how long before my 1080p monitor is obsolete?:unsure:
Ryzen 5 3600x / x570 motherboard / 32GB G Skill Ripjaws RAM / RX 6700XT 12GB / Crucial P1 M.2 1TB OS drive/Samsung 960 EVO M.2 250GB with multiple SSD's and HDD's

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Stuttering Video issue/New desktop

Posted 09 Mar 2019 06:54 #12

mmcswnavy24 wrote: And like all the "Rumors" I heard on various Photography/Video YouTube channels, and even within the Vegas Forums, "8K TV's" will be the huge item, as Sony is going to Announce the new XEVC codec at CES 2019.
Chief

....and I'm stuck on a Sony big screen 1080, apparently falling way behind the latest and greatest. But it is acceptable and comfortable at this time!!

.....and, YES, I'm looking forward to Resolve 16 and hoping it will run on my old box, although 15.3 is doing very well for me.
Best Regards......George

Replied by huskereurocat on topic Stuttering Video issue/New desktop

Posted 09 Mar 2019 12:18 #13

Eagle Six wrote:

mmcswnavy24 wrote: And like all the "Rumors" I heard on various Photography/Video YouTube channels, and even within the Vegas Forums, "8K TV's" will be the huge item, as Sony is going to Announce the new XEVC codec at CES 2019.
Chief

....and I'm stuck on a Sony big screen 1080, apparently falling way behind the latest and greatest. But it is acceptable and comfortable at this time!!

.....and, YES, I'm looking forward to Resolve 16 and hoping it will run on my old box, although 15.3 is doing very well for me.

You use a Sony TV as a monitor? Do you just plug that into your HDMI port on your GPU?
Ryzen 5 3600x / x570 motherboard / 32GB G Skill Ripjaws RAM / RX 6700XT 12GB / Crucial P1 M.2 1TB OS drive/Samsung 960 EVO M.2 250GB with multiple SSD's and HDD's

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Stuttering Video issue/New desktop

Posted 10 Mar 2019 03:41 #14

huskereurocat wrote: You use a Sony TV as a monitor? Do you just plug that into your HDMI port on your GPU?

Sorry to have mislead you. No, I have dual 1080 monitors on my production PC. I have a 60" Sony 1080p for personal viewing and testing my videos.

However, I have read of others that are using Sony flat screen 4K TV's in the 40 inch range for their primary editing monitor via hdmi. Beings how I have never done this, I have no idea if it is an advantage or not.
Best Regards......George
The following user(s) said Thank You: huskereurocat

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.886 seconds