VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Idea Regarding Movie Studio 16's additional program components. What's your opinions, so far?

This thread is for everyone to comment on, giving and getting knowledge on this new MS version's addon components,
and how they're used, or how desirable they are.
This wasn't a selection on the suite installation screen; Sound Forge. I didn't install because I have a couple of other Desktop DAWS.
What do you think of the inclusion of this version of Sound Forge?

Vegas DVD Architect ................Don't need at the moment. Didn't select.

NewBlue Supreme Package......Actually nice addition for Suite edition. (Addition vs Edition similar to Crispness vs Christmas)

NewBlue Titler Pro Express......Seems good, especially with extras added to it from Supreme Package.

Music Maker..............................OK, this one is why I started this thread. I saw an advertisement for Movie Studio Platinum,
that seemed to depict Music Maker totally integrated into Move Studio. WOW! So, at 1st I was excited to tick this components box.
But after I installed, there was no way to use it. It asked for an unlock code, which I never received. Besides, since the debacle over getting
MS 16 to even boot, I uninstalled and left it foundering behind in the wake of unloved programs.
So, any help, comments, opinions?
By the way, I have Sony Acid Pro 7, which I've used for years, and is the reason I was familiar with Vegas Layout from the beginning.

Magix PC check and tuning....I'm not sure, but this might be a 14 day trial, or something similar?

Magix Connect...………………..OK, I was getting Vegas adds on my desktop, every time I booted up my PC. Found out from Google search,
this app is the reason! I uninstalled, and the problem went away. Now, If I can just get the popup ads inside of Vegas products, to stop when I open them.
I always check the box, "Don't show this again", but in my experience, that's all a big lie! It always happens.
Last Edit:11 Mar 2019 12:34 by HawaiianEye

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Preferences > General tab, scroll down to 'Use Newsfeed to stay informed about VEGAS products updates' and uncheck it. That should take care of the pop-ups when the program starts.
Best Regards......George
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Eagle Six! I thought I thanked you, but my reply isn't here! Sorry! Thank you very much! It worked!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

Good to hear and Thank You for the Thank You.
Best Regards......George

Some short comments on VMS 16 Suite addons.

HawaiianEye: "--This wasn't a selection on the suite installation screen; Sound Forge. I didn't install because I have a couple of other Desktop DAWS. What do you think of the inclusion of this version of Sound Forge?"

- Sound Forge Audio Studio 12 (there's now a newer version 13 available) is indeed not included in the Suite download manager as it is just the current free bonus addon. If you have other similar software already, you probably do not need it. It is certainly worth at least the price you paid for it though.

HawaiianEye: "Vegas DVD Architect ................Don't need at the moment. Didn't select."

- If you still output on optical discs, it's one of the few BD and DVD authoring and burning apps still going.

HawaiianEye: "Supreme Package......Actually nice addition for Suite edition. (Addition vs Edition similar to Crispness vs Christmas)"

- More than nice. Includes
NewBlue Transitions 5 Ultimate (37 plugins)
NewBlue Cartoonr Plus (under NB Stylizers)
NewBlue Essentials 5 V3 (9 FX)
NewBlue Chroma Key Pro (under NB Elements)

HawaiianEye: "Titler Pro Express......Seems good, especially with extras added to it from Supreme Package."

- Though a limited version of NB Titler Pro, a welcome addition to the scant MSP titler options (2+1 hidden). Includes a lot of design templates in collection packs, many of which may be useful. These are Cinema Collection, Fluid Motion Pack, Kinetic Collection Pack, Lower 3rds, Main Titles, and Motion Bugs.

HawaiianEye: "Music Maker..............................---any help, comments, opinions?"

- I don't need this, but just installed it without trouble as a separate program. No serial number provided, but did you try to use it as the free edition anyway?

HawaiianEye: "PC check and tuning....I'm not sure, but this might be a 14 day trial, or something similar?"

- Did not install this.

HawaiianEye: "Connect...………………..OK, I was getting Vegas adds on my desktop, every time I booted up my PC. Found out from Google search,
this app is the reason! I uninstalled, and the problem went away. Now, If I can just get the popup ads inside of Vegas products, to stop when I open them.
I always check the box, "Don't show this again", but in my experience, that's all a big lie! It always happens.
"

- Quite.

Meanwhile, until DoctorZen publishes his always unbiased and honest review of the software, read his opinions and comments in post #2 and in another post #2
by vkmast

good overview! Thanks vkmast!!

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.793 seconds