VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11.0 is always crashing!!!

Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11.0 is always crashing!!! was created by lsuphil

Posted 06 Sep 2014 03:51 #1
I have the latest build (322) but after 10 or 15 minutes of using Movie Studio HD Platinum 11.0 it crashes. This happens EVERYTIME. I'm thinking maybe because I'm running Windows 8.1 and this movie studio is an "older" software.

Movie studio ran just fine on my old computer which was running Windows 7.
by lsuphil

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by lsuphil on topic Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11.0 is always crashing!!!

Posted 06 Sep 2014 06:13 #2
I just look on Windows website at the compatibility center, and the website says Windows 8.1 is compatible with Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11.0 so I guess that's not the issue.
by lsuphil

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11.0 is always crashing!!!

Posted 06 Sep 2014 11:01 #3
Version 11 is not compatible with Windows 8.1
Some of those compatibility reports for Windows are dodgy.
Version 12 was the first official version to be made that is fully compatible with Windows 8/8.1.
Upgrade to Version 12 or 13 and you will have no problems.
The best way to test this out is to download the trial version of Movie Studio Platinum 13 from Sony Creative Software.
www.sonycreativesoftware.com/download/trials/moviestudiope
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by lsuphil on topic Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11.0 is always crashing!!!

Posted 06 Sep 2014 11:41 #4
You've responded to previous issues I've had before very fast. I appreciate all your help. One more question. Does movie studio 13 suite have 3D text and text graphics?
by lsuphil

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11.0 is always crashing!!!

Posted 06 Sep 2014 12:35 #5
Movie Studio Suite 13 does comes with the basic version of New Blue Titler EX, which gives you the ability to create 3D style text.
Please note that your computer will need to have a dedicated Nvidia or AMD Graphics Card installed, for this plugin to work properly.
Version 13 of the Suite is the best version they have ever released - it comes with many extra programs and bonus features.
Here is my review:
Review of Sony Movie Studio Suite 13

Regards
Derek :)
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:06 Sep 2014 12:36 by DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.815 seconds