VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Unsuccessful Video Render Attempts for DVD

• RobWS
  • RobWS's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3
  • Thank you received: 7

Unsuccessful Video Render Attempts for DVD was created by RobWS

Posted 15 Mar 2019 11:27 #1
I have the new Platinum Suite installed and my first project completed. 4 attempts to render the video were unsuccessful. Twice the render froze after maybe 12% completion. And, twice the render stopped, producing the option window to send Magix the details of what was occurring at the crash. The render was for the purpose of creating a DVD which I have done many times before with older MS versions. Without giving more details, are there general possibilities of what causes this? If you need more info, I can give it, but I thought it might be better to keep this short to start. Thanks for any insight.
Last Edit:16 Mar 2019 16:51 by RobWS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Unsuccessful Video Render Attempts for DVD

Posted 15 Mar 2019 11:48 #2
Hi Rob , can you post the details? Source media specs (using the free app Mediainfo in text mode), screenshot of Project Properties, and screenshot of the render format template or method you are following to render the project? Have you added any FX's, maybe title/text, etc. that may make this project different from your past project that rendered successfully?
Best Regards......George
Last Edit:15 Mar 2019 12:47 by Eagle Six

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Unsuccessful Video Render Attempts for DVD

Posted 15 Mar 2019 12:44 #3

The render was for the purpose of creating a DVD which I have done many times before with older MS versions.

Step 1 - turn off GPU Acceleration.
Go to Options/Preferences/Video - GPU Acceleration = OFF

In every version of Vegas I own, rendering to MPEG-2 format with GPU Acceleration turned on, often produces render freezes for some unknown reason.
This specific problem only seems to affect MPEG-2 rendering.
Whenever I am rendering a project for DVD, I always remember to turn off the GPU before rendering.

It is also a good idea to reboot your computer before starting a render - this makes sure your RAM is as empty as possible.

If turning off your GPU does not fix the problem, what is located at the 12% mark on your timeline ?
Is there a specific Video Effect or or event like NewBlue Titler at this point ?

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:15 Mar 2019 12:47 by DoctorZen

• RobWS
  • RobWS's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3
  • Thank you received: 7

Replied by RobWS on topic Unsuccessful Video Render Attempts for DVD

Posted 16 Mar 2019 09:28 #4
Derek,
GPU Acceleration off = 100% successful. It's funny, because I read that tip not too long ago on another thread on this forum. I guess we learn best by our mistakes.

George "Eagle Six",
That Mediainfo application looks like it's worth having. I had never heard of it before, but now I'm going to download it.

Thanks to the both of you for your help!!! Much appreciated.

Rob
by RobWS
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, Eagle Six

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Unsuccessful Video Render Attempts for DVD

Posted 16 Mar 2019 09:49 #5

RobWS wrote: George "Eagle Six",
That Mediainfo application looks like it's worth having. I had never heard of it before, but now I'm going to download it.

Hi Rob, here is a direct link to download. Other places may offer bloatware.

mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo
Best Regards......George

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Unsuccessful Video Render Attempts for DVD

Posted 16 Mar 2019 16:52 #6
I just wrote detailed instructions for how to set up MediaInfo in this reply:
www.moviestudiozen.com/forum/vegas-pro/2234-audio-going-out-of-sync-in-vegas-pro-14#11356
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.798 seconds