Get VEGAS Pro 20 here!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Movie Studio Platinum 16 Render as option fails and programme crashes.

Yes a new windows login. I think the problem is some thing to do with the APP data. A few years ago i found out the C: drive was filling up, so i moved the APP data to the D: drive to save space. I checked the amount of space it is taking up now on the D: drive it's around 100GB . The New user name has set the APP data up on the C: drive. Last October I had the C: changed from a 100GB to a 215GB ( it now has 63GB free).

Regards
JOhn
by JOhn B

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

A crash in the File I/O Surrogate can often be due to a issues with QuickTime.

Consider removing QuickTime (which really is not supported much on Windows anymore) or deleting qt7plug folder in the install directory.
by dhblume
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, Eagle Six, vkmast

dhblume wrote: A crash in the File I/O Surrogate can often be due to a issues with QuickTime.

Consider removing QuickTime (which really is not supported much on Windows anymore) or deleting qt7plug folder in the install directory.

With that said, and I do agree, if you don't need it, like anything else not needed get rid of it, there are some files wrapped in .mov that require either using the qt7plug or transcoding/converting the troublesome files. Some of those type files are from smart phone, which I do not have, but I do occasionally add DNx in a mov wrapper and they do require the qt7plug. My primary NLE does not require anything Quicktime to process Dnx and ProRes, but for anything version Vegas Pro it is required.

EDIT: and BTW, Welcome to the forum dhblume, glad to have you here.

Best Regards......George

Last Edit:09 Apr 2019 09:33 by Eagle Six

Magix did tell me to :

Navigate to C:\Program Files\VEGAS\Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 16.0\FileIO Plug-Ins\qt7plug

Rename the qt7plug.dll to qt7plug.old
Last Edit:09 Apr 2019 17:58 by JOhn B

Agreeing with what Eagle Six wrote in his post #13. There is also the related FAQ on the Magix Vegas forum which is definitely worth reading.

And yes, it's good to have "the other Derek" to chime in here every now and then, much appreciated!
by vkmast

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.462 seconds