VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Movie Studio Platinum 16 Render as option fails and programme crashes.

• JOhn B
  • JOhn B's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 0
I have just upgraded from version 15 to 16. The problem i have when i select the render as option the programme crashes. I have contacted Magix their suggestion was as follows :

The Render As dialog relies on Microsoft .NET, so installing the most up to date version of .NET in addition to repairing existing versions on the system is a good first step in troubleshooting this issue.
To repair already installed versions, go to Control Panel -> Programs and Features and highlight the .NET you'd like to repair. Right click on it and choose Uninstall/Change and then choose the option to Repair. Follow the steps as prompted on the screen.

I tried this but the render option still fails. I replied and pointed out that there are no problems with Movie studio 15 this was on Monday 1 April I have had no reply.

Has any one here had the same problem ! Any suggestions.

JOhn
Last Edit:06 Apr 2019 20:04 by JOhn B

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi JOhn,

Exactly what happens when it 'crashes'? What render format and template are you using? Can you post a screenshot of your project properties? Can you post a screenshot of your source media specs, using the free app Mediainfo (in text mode)?

Have you tried Options > Preferences > Video tab change 'GPU acceleration of video processing:' to 'Off'? If there is an issue with your GPU (or GPU driver), this will most often effect preview play back, but this is also linked to rendering sometimes and may make a difference.

If you haven't already read this, if it has anything to do with .net framework, this from Derek may help...... www.moviestudiozen.com/forum/movie-studio-platinum/2117-text-animations-aren-t-working#10691
Best Regards......George
Last Edit:07 Apr 2019 01:59 by Eagle Six
The following user(s) said Thank You: JOhn B

• JOhn B
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
Here is a link to a video

The pc is running win 7 pro 16GB Ram.
The files are 8 bit video MP4 from my GH5 (20M data rate)

What i can not understand is that version 15 is still working fine on the same pc.

JOhn
by JOhn B

Hi JOhn,

Can you post the error message when it crashes, check the 2 boxes at the bottom of the error window to see more information and post that info please.
Best Regards......George

• JOhn B
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
The Info

Extra Information
File: D:\Users\John Bartram\my app data\Local\Movie Studio Platinum\16.0\dx_video_grovel_x64.log
File: D:\Users\John Bartram\my app data\Local\Movie Studio Platinum\16.0\svfx_video_grovel_x64.log
File: D:\Users\John Bartram\my app data\Local\Movie Studio Platinum\16.0\ocio_x64.log
File: D:\Users\John Bartram\my app data\Local\Movie Studio Platinum\16.0\dx_grovel_x64.log
File: D:\Users\John Bartram\my app data\Local\Movie Studio Platinum\16.0\gpu_video_x64.log

Problem Description
Application Name: Movie Studio Platinum
Application Version: Version 16.0 (Build 109)
Problem: Unmanaged Exception (0x40010006)
Fault Module: C:\windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
Fault Address: 0x00000000772F57A1
Fault Offset: 0x00000000000857A1

Fault Process Details
Process Path: C:\Program Files\VEGAS\Movie Studio Platinum 16.0\x86\FileIOSurrogate.exe
Process Version: Version 16.0 (Build 109)
Process Description: File I/O surrogate (not visible)
Process Image Date: 2019-02-05 (Tue Feb 05) 04:55:22

Regards

John
by JOhn B

JOhn B wrote:
Fault Module: C:\windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
Fault Address: 0x00000000772F57A1
Fault Offset: 0x00000000000857A1

Hi JOhn,

I think Movie Studio is telling you that the problem may be coming from some kind of problem with the Windows 'ntdll.dll'. If you do a search on the, you will find various issues and errors that are caused by something related to the ntdll.dll.

Are you using Windows Internet Explorer? Have you installed any extensions or add-on's to the Windows Internet Explorer. From what I have read, the ntdll.dll (which is required for Windows) can be corrupted and then it may throw errors or cause certain programs to throw errors. I would do some searches and possibly follow the instructions for cleaning up anything in your system that may be related to causing the ntdll.dll to become corrupted.
Best Regards......George
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, JOhn B

I am hesitant to add any more information, until JOhn B reports back.

Thought #1
The first basic thing I recommend you do, is a full program reset for VMSP16.
Instructions here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/doctor-zen-faq/573-how-to-reset-sony-software-to-default-settings#a1

My gut feeling, is that a 3rd party Video Effect is causing a problem.
Which exact versions of Vegas Movie Studio did you originally buy ?
Platinum or Suite versions ?
The Suite versions come with many different bonus Video FX plugins, which may not be playing well together.

Go to this folder location and take a screen shot - then upload to forum.
C:\Program Files\Common Files\OFX\Plugins

Thought #2
If you look at the problem a different way, search for info about Process Description: File I/O surrogate (not visible)
Then read this:
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/fileiosurrogate-exe--103532/
And this:
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/unlucky-for-some--97300/#ca591197

To access some of the folder locations mentioned in the above link, you will have to turn ON "Hidden Files and Folders" in Windows 7.
Search "File Explorer Options" using Windows Search (next to Windows Start button) and open this control window.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Attachments:

• JOhn B
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
I have done the following: repair to the .net. Turned on and off the windows feature for the net etc with reboot each time. reset msp16 with the control +shift etc.

Then out of desperation opened up windows with a new screen name and now it works fine. Totally confused now ! But its working just got to change my name now!!

I have just noticed when i try and render with loop region only it ignores this so i have a black blank start to the video ! Just found the drop down with an other box to tick. OK sorted now.

Thanks for the help Regards John
Last Edit:08 Apr 2019 00:41 by JOhn B

Then out of desperation opened up windows with a new screen name and now it works fine.

Are you referring to your Windows User Name you login to your computer with ?
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 1.231 seconds