VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved How can I get my vf videos from Vegas Movie Studio 14 onto 16 so I can work on them?

I have been working with Vegas Movie Studios 16 for a little bit now, but I want to pull up an old video from when I used Vegas movie studios 14 platinum and It says the file is lost. I have tried to copy it and paste the vf etc. into the Movie Studios 16 file, but that isn't helping either. When I clicked on ignore all lost files it finally loaded but the visual was not working other then some green screen images. How can I get my vf videos from Movie Studeo's 14 onto 16 so I can work on them?
Last Edit:06 Jun 2019 15:21 by LindaHardy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

vf files don't contain any of your source files eg video clips, images. They just contains reference to them where they are (or were) on your hard drive. When it says a file is missing it's because it cannot find it. You must have moved it or deleted it since you used it in your old VMS14 project. So you need to find the files or reinstate them so they are again available.
by ericlnz
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

It may not help you this time but you can save copies of your source material along with your vf project file.

by ericlnz
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Adding further to what Eric has said, I recommend you read this FAQ on how to find missing files.
www.moviestudiozen.com/doctor-zen-faq/172-changing-file-locations-for-your-media

Another thing you can do is use the Windows Search function on your computer to locate where the missing file actually is.
After you have opened your Vegas project with this missing files, go to the Project Media tab.
Copy the exact name of the missing file/s.

Now paste the missing file name into the Windows Search box and search.
If the file still exists, you will now be able to discover where it actually is.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.806 seconds