VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Transition and Video FX Menus missing in Vegas Movie Studio 16 Platinum

• Alan74
  • Alan74's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 1
Afternoon
I have just upgraded from 14 to 16 and to be honest I'm finding the new layout rather cumbersome.
What I'm having real difficulty in find is how to get the menu to look like the previous version for transitions. I have attached two screenshots, one from 14 and one from 16. Does anyone know how I can change the view to look like 14's version please? In 14 you can see the variations of each type of transition whereas I can't seem to find the option in 16 unless I open a dropbox and see the titles.

Further, all these 'FX' optional transitions are now listed that wasn't before, with a link to purchased, do you know if these can be removed?

Many thanks
Last Edit:08 Sep 2019 10:34 by Alan74
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

This has been discussed often here, e.g. in this thread www.moviestudiozen.com/forum/movie-studio-platinum/2221-serial-number-for-newbluefx-transitions-5-ultimate-for-vegas-movie-studio-suite-16 post #16 by DoctorZen:
"The removal of Folder View for Transitions, Video Effects and Media Generators in VMSP16 is BIG negative for me.
I have already spoke to Magix about this directly and told them I think it is a terrible idea that they removed Folder view.
Basically the developers have said they did this to make it easier for beginners to learn the program - I completely disagree with this, because I think it has actually made it more difficult for beginners to learn now. Apparently they are working on an alternate solution, that will be added to the program via updates over the next 12 months. The only way to know what you have installed, is to refer to the NewBlueFX website and check off what is in each pack.
That is why I already provided you with a link to NBFX Transitions 5 Ultimate here:
Included Transitions are listed here: www.newbluefx.com/products/transitions/transitions-ultimate/ "

See also www.moviestudiozen.com/forum/movie-studio-platinum/2270-new-blue-fx-items-missing-in-vegas-movie-studio-16-suite posts #4 and 5.

This thread elsewhere may also help as a summary regarding workarounds.
Last Edit:08 Sep 2019 10:33 by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, ericlnz

Thanks @vkmast for posting the answer.

This is getting interesting now!
Way back when Vegas Movie Studio 16 Platinum was released, I predicated this decision by the Vegas Developers would cause a lot of confusion and disappointment.
6 months later I have now lost count of how many people have discovered what has happened and are all extremely disappointed when I tell them it was deliberate design decision.

I was told they did this based on feedback by users, that the Transitions and Video FX windows were too confusing for beginners to understand, with all the different folders. My reply to them was: "What you have done is going to cause confusion for your existing customers who have used older versions of Vegas Movie Studio, it's not going to help people"!

The solution/compromise I proposed to them was this:

Keep the new changes there when Vegas Movie Studio is in Beginners/Simple mode, but make both windows return to the classic "Vegas Pro" folder view when a user selects the Power User Mode/Advanced Mode.

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:08 Sep 2019 10:34 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alan74, vkmast, ericlnz

• Alan74
  • Alan74's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 1
Thanks guys for the quick and very helpful response.

Having used MSP since version 12 I think this is a massive backwards step, as such I will look for another programme that is similar to this whilst reverting back to 14 for the time being. I have contacted Magix for a full refund.

Have a great week ahead.
by Alan74

Seeking a refund is rather drastic Alan! Even with this backward step VMS16 is for me an improvement on VMS14. I recall that 14 was a pain in the posterior because highlighted icons were black against dark grey, and difficult to see at times. The developers got the message and with 15 we got blue highlighting. Hopefully again they may listen to us and revert back to how the windows used to be.
by ericlnz
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

I agree with Eric.

Although the removal of folder view is disappointing in version 16, there are many new positives that out weigh the few small negatives.
I also think that asking for a refund is a bit drastic, but of course if that's the way you feel, you have the right to do that.

Now that I have 6 months of data, I will attempt to communicate further with Magix/Vegas and pass on the disappointment and confusion.
I'm still hoping that they may consider fixing it and implementing my compromise solution.

Keep the new changes there when Vegas Movie Studio is in Beginners/Simple mode, but make both windows return to the classic "Vegas Pro" folder view when a user selects the Power User Mode/Advanced Mode.

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:09 Sep 2019 10:48 by DoctorZen

It's a common illness in many NLE's, developers are working on something totally different than what the users need/want, they simply never use the program.
by FayFen
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.836 seconds