VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Distorted .avi media file video

Distorted .avi media file video was created by tomdriver

Posted 18 Oct 2019 15:20 #1
I have an avi video file that plays perfectly with Windows Media Player. But when I put it into the Movie Studio media bin and from there into the project itself its video is distorted. The image is skewed toward the left, so badly it's unusable. The audio track is OK. I've never seen thi happen before. What' the problem? Can it b fixed?
Last Edit:18 Oct 2019 21:42 by tomdriver

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Distorted .avi media file video

Posted 18 Oct 2019 21:49 #2
A .avi video file is only a generic file container for many possible video codecs.
My guess is that the video codec your video is actually using, is not supported by Vegas.
Please install the MediaInfo app and upload the results to the forum, so we can see what codec the video is using.
I have instructions for how to install and use the MediaInfo app here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/forum/vegas-pro/2234-audio-going-out-of-sync-in-vegas-pro-14#11356

Probably the best thing you could do is convert your video using Handbrake into a .mp4 video. This should then work in Vegas with no problems.
I have a tutorial for how to use Handbrake here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/miscellaneous-help-tutorials/595-handbrake-v1-1-1-beginners-guide-for-best-video-export-settings

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:26 Jan 2020 13:15 by DoctorZen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.901 seconds