Solved Movie Studio Platinum 16 freezes while opening .vf project

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by JulieK on topic Movie Studio Platinum 16 freezes while opening .vf project

Followed these steps closey and sadly, didn't work. Can't say we didn't try though. I so appreciate all of your help (and learned many things through the process)!! Thank you! Julie
10 Nov 2019 11:24 #11

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by JulieK on topic Movie Studio Platinum 16 freezes while opening .vf project

Just following up on this. fyi, I did end up recreating my project, saving often with new names along the way, determined to find a file that that was corrupt. Never did find a corrupt file. But aha!!! I noticed as I kept adding files, orgnaizing the photos/videos in Customized Bins, the longer it took for Movie Studio to open the project. Even up to 12 minutes to open the project. At this time I was up to 22 Customized Bins (Movie Studio didn't seem to have a max number of bins allowed - I was able to create them). So, I collasped my Customized Bins down to 6 bins and my project started opening quickly like I would expect.

Today, when I opened Movie Studio, I read there is a major update that should take care of this problem "Application will no longer crash if the user has too many bins in Project Media". Nice! Just need to update it now...

Thanks again for your help!
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen
19 Nov 2019 12:27 #12

• Thank you received: 1349

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Movie Studio Platinum 16 freezes while opening .vf project

Thanks for the report back :)
It sounds like you have definitely found the cause of your problem.

As I suspected, it was something not obvious and unique to your project.
I was unaware of this bug in the program and learnt about it the same time as yourself, when Magix released the new build version #167 for Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 16.

www.moviestudiozen.com/doctor-zen-faq/618-vegas-movie-studio-16-update-history
Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems.
Peace :)
20 Nov 2019 16:34 #13

Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds

Make a Donation

Movie Studio Zen is a fully independent site and all our content is free. You can help support this site by making a PayPal donation.

MSZ Social Media

youtube  facebook  twitter

MSZ Security

MovieStudioZen.com

Copyright © 2020 MovieStudioZen.com.
All rights reserved.