VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved AcroRd32.exe Application Error

• UJ80s
  • UJ80s's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2
  • Thank you received: 2

AcroRd32.exe Application Error was created by UJ80s

Posted 14 Dec 2019 09:34 #1
I am a Vegas Movie Studio 14.0 Platinum user, latest build.

I am rendering a short 2 min video using render options: Sony AVC/MVC AVCHD 1920x1080-60i.
I have 16 tracks, with video, .png images, and text.
I need all those tracks because each image has to have its own Track Motion attributes (X, Y).

When the rendering gets to 65% it freezes, usually says I ran out of memory or I get AcroRd32.exe Application Error message.

I have 8 GB installed memory, 7.47 usable , 64 bit OS INtel Core i7 CPU 870 @ 2.93 GHz 2.93 GHz.

Any suggestions?
A different rendering file that would still be suitable for burning on a blu-ray disc.?
I have removed all unwanted processes, programs, and external hard drives that are not used for the rendering.
I have one external HD that has to run because the video files are on it.

Any help?

Thanks.
Last Edit:14 Dec 2019 09:37 by UJ80s

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic AcroRd32.exe Application Error

Posted 14 Dec 2019 14:32 #2
Hi UJ80s

I have never heard of AcroRd32.exe Application Error with any version of Vegas before.
A quick Google search seems to indicate this has something to do with Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Here is a good thread about potential ways to fix this error:
community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/acrord32-exe-application-error/td-p/3101053

I fail to see how this has anything to do with Vegas though.
It seems more like a side effect on your computer when you run out of system memory.
Your CPU is quite an old model now, which would mean your computer is probably almost 10 years old now.

8GBs of RAM is pretty low for video editing.
I would recommend an minimum of 16GBs.

Before you begin each render, I would recommend you first re-boot your computer and make sure no other programs are running at the same time. This will make sure your RAM is fairly empty before Vegas begins a render.

Is there a particular Video Effect that you have used at the 65% mark on your Vegas timeline ?
If you push some Video FX too far (like Sharpening), it can cause a memory overload.

I also recommend that you do a full program reset for Vegas, to make sure most of your settings are running at the default values.
Reset instructions here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/doctor-zen-faq/573-how-to-reset-sony-software-to-default-settings#a1

After performing a reset, you will need to reconfigure a few settings like GPU Acceleration.
Go to Options/Preferences/Video - GPU Acceleration
Try rendering with GPU Acceleration = OFF
Sometimes this will fix weird render freezes.
OR
Try with GPU Acceleration = ON if you have a compatible Graphics Card installed.

If none of these suggestions work, I would recommend breaking your project into smaller pieces and rendering the different parts first.
Then import the new rendered videos into a final Master Project file and render a 2nd time to get your project completed.

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• UJ80s
  • UJ80s's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by UJ80s on topic AcroRd32.exe Application Error

Posted 14 Dec 2019 23:58 #3
Thanks Derek.. I did look at that CPU setting.. I had it set to off in the past.. yet it was NOT off this time.
That WAS the fix..
Thanks.
Now I can move on to my next project.

Have a great weekend!
Last Edit:15 Dec 2019 17:03 by UJ80s

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.702 seconds