VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Why is the video not showing up in Movie Studio Platinum 14.0? Lag issues

Hello, I'm new here. I was wondering if you know why the video isn't showing up in the timeline or the preview box. The audio is fine, but the video won't show up. If it does show up, it's just a dark green box.

My computer is a Acer Nitro 5 Gaming AN515 15.6-inch FHD(1920x1080) IPS Laptop PC, 8th Gen Intel i5-8300H (Up to 4.0GHz), NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 4GB GDDR5, 16GB DDR4, 1TB HDD, Backlit Keyboard, Bluetooth, Windows 10. It has 930 gb in total with 619 gb free.

The build is build 148.

Also, it takes a really long time for it to load in. Do you have any ideas for what I could do for that?

Thank you for your time.
Last Edit:28 Dec 2019 16:05 by thyluvscake

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi thyluvscake

I am the moderator for this forum.
You posted your message 3x times, so I have deleted the other 2 attempts but kept your first try.
The first time you post on this forum, your message was placed in moderation until I approved it - that's why it was not public until now.

The problem you are describing normally happens if the video codec your video is using, is not compatible with Vegas.

Where did your video come from ?
What device or program made your video ?
99% of the time, I see this problem with some Video Screen Capture programs, if you use the wrong type of output format.

It would help if I could get a readout of the full properties of your video.
There is a free app called MediaInfo, which will tell us what video codec your video is using.
Follow the instructions here and upload the results.
www.moviestudiozen.com/forum/vegas-pro/2234-audio-going-out-of-sync-in-vegas-pro-14#11356

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Hello,

All of the videos were recorded with iOs devices. I've never had any problems with them in the past. I went to go do what you said, but now I have another problem. When ever I click on a video, it just says "the destination file couldn't be completed" Did the videos not save all the way?

Thanks

When ever I click on a video, it just says "the destination file couldn't be completed" Did the videos not save all the way?

I have never heard of this error before !
I am assuming you are talking about your videos inside of your Windows folder and not talking about inside of Vegas ???

If you Google search "the destination file couldn't be completed", there are many results "for the destination file could not be created?"
Please Google search and read solutions for "the destination file couldn't be completed".

It now sounds like this is the actual problem that is causing the problem in Vegas...

Most videos that are recorded with Apple iPhones, often don't work properly in Vegas, because they are recorded with a Variable Frame Rate.
Video Editing programs work with Constant Frame Rate video.
I normally recommend iPhone users to first convert all their videos back into a Constant Frame Rate format before importing into Vegas.
Handbrake is a very good program to use.

I have a tutorial on how to use Handbrake here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/miscellaneous-help-tutorials/595-handbrake-v1-1-1-beginners-guide-for-best-video-export-settings
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:26 Jan 2020 13:20 by DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.990 seconds