VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved NewBlue FX items missing after purchase/upgrade

NewBlue FX items missing after purchase/upgrade was created by FailToWin

Posted 14 Feb 2020 07:13 #1
So I upgraded to movie studio 16 platinum (see here: www.vegascreativesoftware.com/index.php?id=627&L=52&C=220&_oB=movie-studio-platinum&utm_source=newsfeed-campaign&utm_campaign=2019_VMP16_NN&phash=9roYgVYekrHGFtPD&utm_medium=product-newsfeed )

and haven't been able to find hide nor hair of any Newblue effects, despite installing their separate program and activating the two products I was given links to download on purchasing (transitions 5 ultimate and filters 5 recolour). Not to mention the sales pitch was far more than just these two packages...

does anyone have any idea how to access my missing products, or am I just screwed? I can't access either the transitions or filters in the program that I can find, and I certainly can't find the other things that are listed in the upgrade (top link) but didn't give me a download option for...
Last Edit:23 Apr 2020 15:36 by FailToWin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic NewBlue FX items missing after purchase/upgrade

Posted 14 Feb 2020 07:53 #2
Hello FailToWin - welcome to the MSZ forum :)

Just in case there is a technical problem, I recommend you first perform a full program reset.
This will force Vegas to re-scan all FX folders.
Reset instructions here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/doctor-zen-faq/573-how-to-reset-sony-software-to-default-settings#a1

Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 16 has removed folder view in the Video FX, Transitions and Media Generators windows.
No one was happy about this decision, because it has caused a lot confusion.
You should find that all your NewBlue FX are there, bit they will be mixed up with everything else in these windows.

However, there is an alternate way to find ALL your FX and Transitions.

*Please note that what you are about to see in my screen shots, will look different to you, because I have the complete NBFX package installed.

How to find Transitions
Overlap 2 pieces of media (video) on the Vegas timeline and then right-click in the overlapped transition area.
Select Transition/Insert other.

The Plug-In Chooser - Transition window will now open.
You should see the NewBlue Transitions folder, but if you don't open the Third Party folder instead.

Click on each transition and at the bottom of the window you will see a read out that confirms it is a NBFX transition.

How to find Video FX
Right-click on top of a video on the timeline.
Select Media FX or Video Event FX
You may see NewBlue folders, however if you don't, select the Third Party folder.

Other missing FX ?
If you can't find any other FX that you were expecting, please be specific and tell us which exact items you can't find.

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:14 Feb 2020 08:00 by DoctorZen

Replied by vkmast on topic NewBlue FX items missing after purchase/upgrade

Posted 14 Feb 2020 10:29 #3
There actually is misleading info in the Movie Studio 16 Platinum product pages regarding the "NewBlue Transitions 5 Ultimate" package.
The product page suggests that there is the "Transitions 5 Ultimate".
The Download Manager items (Select files) Installation window suggests the same.

According to the relevant video, there are "over 400 presets in 37 compelling plugins" in "Transitions Ultimate".

According to the NewBlue page , Transitions 5 Ultimate includes 66 plugins
(65 in the Doc's screenshot, "Wiggle" missing in my version as well. These came with other versions, not with Platinum).

So if the OP does not see the 65 NB plugins, it seems that the video is correct and VMS 16 Platinum installs a smaller Transitions Ultimate version with 37 plugins instead of the actual Transitions 5 Ultimate with 65 plugins.

And as DoctorZen says, please list the packages you think you did not get.
by vkmast

Replied by FayFen on topic NewBlue FX items missing after purchase/upgrade

Posted 16 Feb 2020 17:29 #4
In my VMS16P there are 65 NB's transitions. no wiggle.
by FayFen
The following user(s) said Thank You: vkmast

Replied by vkmast on topic NewBlue FX items missing after purchase/upgrade

Posted 16 Feb 2020 19:05 #5
Thanks @FayFen. So it is actually the video in the product page that's misleading.
by vkmast

Replied by FayFen on topic NewBlue FX items missing after purchase/upgrade

Posted 17 Feb 2020 02:28 #6
On YouTube they say 65

But for 299$ they decided to throw in wiggle,
by FayFen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.763 seconds