VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved How To Preview FX in Vegas Movie Studio 14 Platinum?

How To Preview FX in Vegas Movie Studio 14 Platinum? was created by hatflyer

Posted 22 Feb 2020 05:06 #1
I have MS 14 Platinum. I have a Media FX applied to a clip. But I have to work on the FX parameters, and then click the tab to see the preview of those changes. Is there a way to see how the effects are working as I change them, or do I have to go back and forth between FX and the results on the video preview?

thanks.
Last Edit:22 Feb 2020 11:50 by hatflyer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic How To Preview FX in Vegas Movie Studio 14 Platinum?

Posted 22 Feb 2020 11:56 #2
Hi hatflyer - welcome to the MSZ forum :)

*Moderator Edit: I have deleted your duplicate post.

Make sure you have installed the final build version for Vegas Movie Studio 14 Platinum, which was build #148.
To discover which build version you have installed, go to Help/About.

You can download from here, then install it:
www.moviestudiozen.com/doctor-zen-faq/610-vegas-movie-studio-14-update-history

After checking/installing your build version, I recommend you do a full program reset for Vegas.
This will clean the temporary files cache and restore ALL settings back to defaults.
Instructions for how to reset here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/doctor-zen-faq/573-how-to-reset-sony-software-to-default-settings#a1

Let me know if this fixes your problem.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by ericlnz on topic How To Preview FX in Vegas Movie Studio 14 Platinum?

Posted 22 Feb 2020 14:15 #3
I encounter the same problem on the rare occasions I add a Media FX. With VMS16 I drag the clip to the timeline (anywhere) and then when I adjust the Media FX the change is instantly seen in Preview. When the FX adjustment is finalised I delete the clip from the timeline. The clip is still in the Media Pane and still has its MediaFX.
by ericlnz

Replied by hatflyer on topic How To Preview FX in Vegas Movie Studio 14 Platinum?

Posted 23 Feb 2020 01:47 #4

ericlnz wrote: I encounter the same problem on the rare occasions I add a Media FX. With VMS16 I drag the clip to the timeline (anywhere) and then when I adjust the Media FX the change is instantly seen in Preview. When the FX adjustment is finalised I delete the clip from the timeline. The clip is still in the Media Pane and still has its MediaFX.

I'm confused. Isn't there both an FX tab and a preview tab, and thus u have to toggle between the 2?

Replied by hatflyer on topic How To Preview FX in Vegas Movie Studio 14 Platinum?

Posted 23 Feb 2020 02:10 #5
I have the latest build. I reset everything, and now the FX is no longer a tab but instead a floating window. That does allow to see real-time changes. I think I am good to go now. Thanks
Last Edit:23 Feb 2020 10:03 by hatflyer

Replied by DoctorZen on topic How To Preview FX in Vegas Movie Studio 14 Platinum?

Posted 23 Feb 2020 10:12 #6
All FX windows are floating windows by default, unless you dock them into the Tabbed window area.
When you reset Vegas, it restores windows to default settings.

I recommend you keep active FX windows floating on the desktop, because then you can re-size them much larger and get clear access to all slider controls.

The instructions for how to dock/un-dock FX windows into the tabbed window area are different, depending on which version of Vegas you are using.
In version 14, in you drag a window into the tabbed area and hold the CTRL button down, it will dock.
To un-dock, grab hold of vertical dots in top left corner of window and drag back out onto the desktop.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:23 Feb 2020 10:13 by DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.772 seconds