VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Arm for Record arms multiple audio tracks

Arm for Record arms multiple audio tracks was created by huskereurocat

Posted 26 Feb 2020 11:41 #1
I was wondering if anyone knows why when I click on Arm for Record on a single audio track, the other tracks are armed as well? I only want to record on one track and am failing to arm just the one track. I must have activated the multiple track function somehow, because that has never been an issue until now.

Edit 1: I just noticed that this is with more than just the audio recording. If I click on mute for a single track, all the tracks are muted and the same with clicking on solo as well. Why would all the tracks be selected when only one is being clicked on?
Ryzen 5 3600x / x570 motherboard / 32GB G Skill Ripjaws RAM / RX 6700XT 12GB / Crucial P1 M.2 1TB OS drive/Samsung 960 EVO M.2 250GB with multiple SSD's and HDD's
Last Edit:26 Feb 2020 16:08 by huskereurocat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ericlnz on topic Arm for Record arms multiple audio tracks

Posted 26 Feb 2020 13:27 #2
It appears your VMS may have got in a tangle. Try a reset and clear the cache. There's probably instructions, if you need them, on here somewhere. Or go to your Vegas Forum post where there's a link.
by ericlnz
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, huskereurocat

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Arm for Record arms multiple audio tracks

Posted 26 Feb 2020 16:12 #3
Make sure you haven't accidentally turned on the Solo! or Mute buttons for any other track !
Accidentally turning on the Solo! buttons can cause unexpected behaviour.

I also recommend as Eric has already suggested, that you perform a full program reset.
Reset instructions here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/doctor-zen-faq/573-how-to-reset-sony-software-to-default-settings#a1

If you still have problems after the reset, your Vegas project file may have become corrupted.
If this has happened, open a 2nd instance of Vegas and slowly Copy & Paste one track of events at a time into a brand new project file.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: huskereurocat

Replied by huskereurocat on topic Arm for Record arms multiple audio tracks

Posted 26 Feb 2020 17:50 #4
I got it corrected. It seems that I may have pressed a button that I had not intended to. I just started clicking on the buttons on the toolbar at the bottom of the screen and when I finally got to the second to last button labeled 'Lock Envelopes to Events', after clicking on that button and re-clicking it, my tracks went back to normal. Not sure why that reacted the way that it did, but at least it's working again. As soon as this project is done I'll follow the directions to reset the program. Thanks for your help.
Ryzen 5 3600x / x570 motherboard / 32GB G Skill Ripjaws RAM / RX 6700XT 12GB / Crucial P1 M.2 1TB OS drive/Samsung 960 EVO M.2 250GB with multiple SSD's and HDD's
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Arm for Record arms multiple audio tracks

Posted 27 Feb 2020 16:16 #5
Thanks for reporting back with the solution :)
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:27 Feb 2020 16:16 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: huskereurocat

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.876 seconds