VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Error Code -24 when trying to transfer Sony MSP 13 projects to Vegas MSP 16

• emciv
  • emciv's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi. I already posted on the Vegas forum page, but I'm desperate for answers ASAP so I'm posting here too. had been using Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13 on Windows 7. I have some projects I need to work with. Problem was, when I upgraded to Windows 10 in January, Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13 stopped working. So I recently upgraded to Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 16. I'm trying to transfer some of my projects from the old SMSP 13 into the new VMSP 16. But I'm getting the message "The serial number has already been registered to another email address. Please contact MAGIX support. Error code: -24" I've been researching it for hours, and long story short, nothing's worked. I can't even send a simple email to MAGIX for support. PLEASE help! There's something really time sensitive I need to transfer. (I'm using Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit. Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4810MQ CPU @ 2.80GHz. 8097 MB RAM)
Last Edit:02 Mar 2020 15:55 by emciv

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi emciv - Welcome to the MSZ Forum :)

1. Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13 does work OK on Windows 10.

The problem that usually causes Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13 to not work on Windows 10, is if you upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on the same computer, using the Windows upgrade function. I had the same problem when I first upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. When you only do an upgrade, there is too much crap from Windows 7 that is left behind, that can cause a lot of programs to stop working.

The way to fix this problem is to do a Clean Install of Windows 10.
A clean install wipes everything from your C-Drive and only installs a fresh copy of Windows 10.
After you re-install Windows 10, you will have re-install ALL your programs.
It is a big job to do this, however you will end up with a more stable Windows 10 and lots of old programs will start working OK again.
I have a tutorial on how to re-install Windows 10 here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/computers-and-video-editing/548-how-to-do-a-clean-install-of-windows-10

2. I will assume that when you say "I'm trying to transfer some of my projects from the old SMSP 13 into the new VMSP 16", that what you really mean is you are trying to Open your old v13 projects with v16. Is this correct ?

3. Magix has information about Error 24 here! Please read this first.
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/support/article/how-to-solve-error-code-24--2/

I recommend you first try and login to your Magix Account here:
www.magix.com/us/support/my-service-center/

If you can't login to your Magix account, you probably didn't enter your email address correctly when you first set up the account.

If you can login to your Magix account, go to User Data and check your email address.
If it looks wrong, press the Change Details button below and edit email address.
Next go to My Products and look for VEGAS Movie Studio 16 Platinum
Can you see if the program has been registered yet ?
You can register up to 2x times on different computers.
If you see it has been registered twice already, select Show More Details and then De-activate both registrations.
Logout of Magix
Re-boot your computer
Now see if you can open Vegas and get it registered - make sure to only open the program and don't try to open a project!

If nothing I have said helps, you will have to wait for Magix Support to help you reset your account.
Go to this link to send a message to Magix.
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/support/interview/
Select Registration/Activation
Press Search for other solutions (below)
Type Error Code 24 and find a solution
Then press Send A Support Request

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:23 Apr 2020 15:35 by DoctorZen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.816 seconds