VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Question Movie Studio 17 Platinum Stops Rendering

Movie Studio 17 Platinum Stops Rendering was created by AllenMoore

Posted 30 Jun 2020 05:01 #1
Derek, I know you have been through the mill on this topic many times, but now that I have upgraded to Movie Studio 17 it has been especially perplexing. Summary: Render As occasionally terminates the program, but more often than not, the rendering process simply stops at a particular frame number, the application freezes, and the only way out is to use Task Manager to kill the process. The render always stops at the same frame number.

Here are some things I have done to troubleshoot:

* Performed a clean reinstall of Movie Studio 17 in accordance to your instructions.
* I have deleted the clip containing that frame number and it still stops at that same point, even when there is nothing in the timeline to render (there is, of course, material on the other side of the gap).
* Have tried rendering small parts of the project using Render Loop Region, marking the region just shy of the troublesome frame number. In doing this, I have noticed another anomaly: Taking note of the time code at the point just before the frame number point of failure and using that time code to set the loop region, the frame count numbers on the timeline are very different from the frame numbers displayed during the render. For example, let's say the crash point is frame number 2400 and I set the loop region to start at frame 400 and end at frame 1800 (as shown on the timeline), the frame count shown in the rendering progress begins at frame 800 and stills stops at frame 2400, even though the loop region says to stop rendering at frame 1800.

System stats:

Windows & Professional Service Pack 1
Intel Core i5 - 6600 CPU@ 3.30 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB
64-bit operating system
Last Edit:30 Jun 2020 10:19 by AllenMoore
The following user(s) said Thank You: SilentObserver

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Movie Studio 17 Platinum Stops Rendering

Posted 30 Jun 2020 10:18 #2
Most render crashes like you are describing, will be caused by a particular Video Effect you may have applied and/or compatibility problems with your graphics card.
More Video FX in Vegas are GPU accelerated now, which means you need an Nvidia or AMD Radeon GPU installed, for it to work properly.

Which exact version of Windows are you using ?
Version 17 only works in Windows 10. It is no longer compatible with Windows 8 and below.

Do you have a dedicated graphics card installed ?
Example: Nvidia or AMD Radeon ?
If you do have one of these GPUs, what model and Driver version ?

If you don't have a dedicated GPU, are you using Intel QSV (Quick Sync Video) ?
Go to Options/Preferences/Video - GPU Acceleration
If you have a GPU turned on, turn it off and re-boot Vegas, then try another render.

Re-installing Vegas rarely fixes anything.
It is better to do a full program reset instead of re-installing, because only a reset will clean the temporary files cache.
Reset instructions here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/doctor-zen-faq/573-how-to-reset-sony-software-to-default-settings#a1

Which Format and Template have you been using to render your video ?
Example: Magix AVC/AAC - Internet 1080p

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 1.298 seconds