VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Rendering problems

• durrow
  • durrow's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2
  • Thank you received: 10

Rendering problems was created by durrow

Posted 16 Oct 2020 20:24 #1
I have an important family project that I want to render but everytime I try, it gets to a point and then the following message appears:
"An error has occurred while creating a proxy file for a stream.
An error occurred writing the file. Make sure you have writer access to the file/folder and that you there is enough free space"
I run Windows7 Professional and Movie Studio HD Platinum version 11 I have run this programme for several years without problems . Disk space available is 1.8Tb after operating system and other programmes such as Photoshop etc are loaded. My project is just over one hour and 10 minutes long and I’ve never had any problems rendering previously.
Any ideas? All or any advice would be welcome.
I have purchased and downloaded Vegas Pro 17 Suite but I didn't know if I were to install it over the current V11 if I would lose my project from the timeline, where it plays perfectly.
Cheers
Durrow
Last Edit:18 Oct 2020 00:57 by durrow

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by vkmast on topic Rendering problems

Posted 16 Oct 2020 21:26 #2
VEGAS Pro 17 does not install over your Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11 as it is a separate installation. Only the updates (new builds) of a version overwrite the previous build.

Note though also the "official incompatibility" of VEGAS Pro 17 and Windows 7.
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/the-installer-is-unable-to-update-vegas-pro-17-0-while-it-is-running--121686/#ca757882
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/vegas-pro-17-and-windows-7--118126/
Last Edit:18 Oct 2020 00:57 by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, durrow

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Rendering problems

Posted 18 Oct 2020 01:02 #3

I have an important family project that I want to render but everytime I try, it gets to a point and then the following message appears:
"An error has occurred while creating a proxy file for a stream.
An error occurred writing the file. Make sure you have writer access to the file/folder and that you there is enough free space"
I run Windows7 Professional and Movie Studio HD Platinum version 11 I have run this programme for several years without problems . Disk space available is 1.8Tb after operating system and other programmes such as Photoshop etc are loaded. My project is just over one hour and 10 minutes long and I’ve never had any problems rendering previously.
Any ideas? All or any advice would be welcome.

If you have been using Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 11 on the same computer for many years, the Temporary Files Cache is probably bursting with garbage files and they may have become corrupted.

The first thing I recommend you try, is a full program reset.
A reset is safe to do and will NOT delete any of your saved projects, provided you have been saving them in your Documents folder and NOT in the Temporary Files Cache (which you should never do!)

Instructions here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/doctor-zen-faq/573-how-to-reset-sony-software-to-default-settings#a1
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:23 Oct 2020 14:02 by DoctorZen

• durrow
  • durrow's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2
  • Thank you received: 10

Replied by durrow on topic Rendering problems

Posted 03 Feb 2021 00:19 #4
Rendering Problems
Many thanks to all who replied to my request for help way back in October 2020.
Apologies for the belated 'Thank You' but I have been hospitalised since the day after I posted my request and it is only during the last few days that I've been allowed home and I'm only now able to concentrate on my NLE problem. Again many thanks to all.
durrow
by durrow
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, vkmast

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Rendering problems

Posted 03 Feb 2021 08:44 #5
Thanks for the update Durrow 
I wish you well in getting your strength back.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.845 seconds