Solved Flutter after render in Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 12

• Thank you received: 1447
In your YouTube video, you are showing a video that looks like it was shot with a mobile phone in Portrait Mode.
Portrait Mode has an Aspect Ratio of 9:16 - long and skinny.
That's why I asked to see the video properties for the source video.

A normal widescreen video has an Aspect Ratio of 16:9 and fills the entire screen.
If people would just turn their phones 90° before they pressed record, the phone would output a normal 16:9 aspect ratio widescreen video, that fills the entire screen.
But if you don't rotate your phone before pressing record, you get a long and skinny video like I can see in your YouTube video.

In my previous reply to you, I provided precise instructions for accessing your source video's properties.
In VEGAS, right-click your video file in the Project Media tabbed window and select Properties.
Instead, you have provided information from WIndows, not Vegas.

Now nothing makes sense, because your screen shot is saying the source video is 1920x1080 - which is normal 16:9 widescreen video.
This is not what I am seeing in your YouTube video sample ?

So I'll start from scratch.
What is the Frame Size of your Source Video that is showing in your YT video ?
I'm talking about the video before you edit it with Vegas and render it.
The properties inside of the VEGAS Project Properties window will tell you this.

Example:

:idea: Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Peace :)
27 Jan 2021 15:26 #11
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
I really appreciate your help. Your note about the way they positioned their phone during filming was interesting. Here is another try at getting the info you need. 

27 Jan 2021 21:47 #12
Attachments:

I really appreciate your help. Your note about the way they positioned their phone during filming was interesting. Here is another try at getting the info you need. 

I think this is what you are looking for......

27 Jan 2021 21:55 #13
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 1447
I don't know what more I can say.
The Video Properties you are showing in your last screen shot, are for a normal 1920x1080 16:9 widescreen video.
This is NOT what I am seeing in your YouTube video, so I can't comment any further.

You have not shown me any videos that are 1080x1920 9:16 Portrait style video (long and skinny).

Also, the Project Properties you are using are incorrect, if you are wanting to create a normal 1920x1080 16:9 widescreen video.
This is what a modern 1920x1080 project in Vegas should look like.
These Project Properties would match with the Video Properties you uploaded in your screen shot.

:idea: Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Peace :)
28 Jan 2021 02:27 #14
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 254
Something else strange here. Surely all phones shoot progressive yet your properties show Upper Field First??
28 Jan 2021 09:51 #15

I am obviously a newbie at using this software, and need to play around more. You have been very patient with me in your attempts to help and I appreciate that. You have helped me a great deal, I just need to experiment and read more on the subject. Thanks.
29 Jan 2021 04:13 #16

Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.323 seconds

Make a Donation

Movie Studio Zen is a fully independent site and all our content is free. You can help support this site by making a PayPal donation.

MSZ Social Media

youtube  facebook  twitter

MovieStudioZen.com

Copyright © 2021 MovieStudioZen.com.
All rights reserved.