VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Repeated regular crashing

Repeated regular crashing was created by PTDevon

Posted 21 Jan 2021 11:04 #1
Hi Derek and anyone else
Just as things seemed to be coming together...
Thing were going ok just using the laptop with no dock and connecting the hard drive directly, until yesterday and today when it has crashed out of the blue seven or eight times. I've just been performing basic functions (like moving an event, or pulling a sub-clip onto the timeline) and it just closes. A couple of times it has asked me to explain what happened so that support could work on the problem, but most times that is not an option, not that I expect that to lead to much from other experiences). A few times it has given me the option of immediately saving as... an autosaved project.

I've checked for updates to theprogramme. There are none. checked windows updates. Tried to check for graphics drivers with Intel - they directed me to Asus, checked with Asus and everything is up to date. I've been trying to think and the only change that I've made recently is that I've been including clips downloaded using the 4k downloader rather than the ones I've got previously via AVC. The other thing that I've only just started doing is using the clipper function in Movie Studio.

Does anyone have any idea of what the most likely culprit might be and what I can try?

Thanks

Paul

Last Edit:22 Jan 2021 11:09 by PTDevon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Repeated regular crashing

Posted 22 Jan 2021 11:09 #2
Videos from YouTube do not cause Vegas to crash.
I have already explained in detail the types of videos that work and don't work from YouTube.
If you download the correct type, there shouldn't be a problem.
I've been editing with YT videos in Vegas for years and never had a problem.

I've also explained that using a computer that only uses Intel graphics, is the cause of many problems for many Vegas users.
The Intel drivers are probably the biggest problem.

If you have applied a particular Video Effect to your project, that is normally the No.1 cause of most problems.
And/Or you have installed 3rd party Video FX.
This once again, goes back to relying on Intel graphics only - compatibility is a BIG problem with Intel.

Solutions to try
1. The number one thing I always advise people to try, if Vegas starts crashing out of the blue, is to perfom a full program reset.
A reset deletes all the temporary files from the Vegas cache and restores all settings back to defaults.
Sometimes temporary files generated from the videos you are using, can become corrupted.

Reset Instructions here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/doctor-zen-faq/573-how-to-reset-sony-software-to-default-settings#a1

2. Always re-boot your computer before you start using Vegas.
Don't use other programs when using Vegas

3. If there is a crash report, upload it to the forum.
Crash reports tell you where the problem is coming from.
When a crash report pops up, there are check boxes at the bottom you need to check - this then shows detailed data.

4. I also recommend you post your problem on the official Vegas Forums.
The official forums have a much LARGER community of users - more people helping means more ideas.
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/vegas-movie-studio-forum/

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by PTDevon on topic Repeated regular crashing

Posted 22 Jan 2021 21:37 #3
Thanks Derek
I did the cache clearing thing. Again after a couple of minutes it just closed. I've posted on the vegas forum and put this in as a support request too. Frustrating as I really felt like I was learning a few things and getting considerably better at actually using the thing. Time to focus on researching parts for that pc build..
Last Edit:29 Jan 2021 09:52 by PTDevon

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.676 seconds