VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved How to group multiple tracks

• JonnyD
  • JonnyD's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2
  • Thank you received: 2

How to group multiple tracks was created by JonnyD

Posted 10 Oct 2014 03:15 #1
I made a short video. After viewing it several times I decided I wanted to add more video footage. From a point in the middle of the timeline, I wanted to move everything to the right. I tried grouping all the tracks by pressing CONTROL and then clicking on the pieces I wanted to group together. Besides the fact that there were sundry small pieces of video and audio, I found it impossible to click on everything I wanted to group together. Is there an easy way to group a segment of the timeline that includes all tracks?
by JonnyD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic How to group multiple tracks

Posted 10 Oct 2014 15:07 #2
Hi Jonny

There is a very powerful tool you can use to insert media into the timeline.
It is called Auto-Ripple.

I have an FAQ article about how to use it here:
Q: How do I rubber band all my media together on the Timeline using the Auto-Ripple Tool ?

Please note that if you are using Movie Studio Platinum 13, there is some extra information you need to know. I have a link in the original article that points to this.

There is also another thing you can do if needed.
You can highlight any group of media and create a permanent group.
Highlight items you want.
Right-click and go to Group - Create New.

Regards
Derek.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• JonnyD
  • JonnyD's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by JonnyD on topic How to group multiple tracks

Posted 11 Oct 2014 00:38 #3
I was aware of how to group by highlighting all the clips and grouping them, but there were too many little pieces and I kept having the problem of highlighting several clips and then clicking on another clip to add to the group and then losing the highlight.

I was also aware of Auto Ripple - but not cognizant of the 3 different modes in Auto Ripple. Heretofore, I had NOT been using "All tracks, Markers and Regions". The ALL part is what made the difference!

PS - Where can I learn about markers and regions?
by JonnyD

Replied by DoctorZen on topic How to group multiple tracks

Posted 11 Oct 2014 01:18 #4
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:31 Jan 2015 01:04 by DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.843 seconds