VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Rendering freezes at same point in Vegas Movie Studio 17 Platinum

• Brian
  • Brian's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3
  • Thank you received: 11

Replied by Brian on topic Rendering freezes at same point in Vegas Movie Studio 17 Platinum

Posted 26 May 2021 02:12 #11
Hi Derek,, Thank you for your patience with me.

I tried the NVIDIA Download as you suggested but no result as the 2 attachments show.  I checked Control panel to see what it said re NVIDIA.  You will see that from the last attachment that it show apps with an 11 May 2021 date.  At that point I remembered that my AVG security had popped up a message saying I had some drivers that were out of date  and click to update. which I did.  Perhaps that has caused a problem.
I have updated the Intel with no problem.   Have re rendered my project using Magix AVC MP4 and internet 1080p 25fps (intel QSV).  It worked fine and rendered the project (65min run time) in 52 mins.
The preview image finished at 48mins and the render ran on for 4mins until access to the file became available.
All my camera files are at 25fps with about 5 mins of internet captured files at a 29.532 frame rate. 
Is the quality of m2ts equal to mp4?.
It would seem that I may need a new NVIDIA graphics card.  Hopefully my present NVIDIA card is not integrated with the motherboard else I'll have to buy a new machine.  New Blue plug ins require NVIDIA I remember.

Last Edit:26 May 2021 11:53 by Brian
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I'm glad you were finally able to render a full video.
It is normal for there to be a slight delay at the end of a long video render, as the file is finalized.
I think ALL of your problems have been caused by the Intel HD Graphics.
Updating the driver has probably helped and also turning it off in the File I/O control settings.

Thanks for the new donation 

Sorry about the Nvidia Driver confusion.
I didn't test to see if "Studio" drivers were available.
I now remember that this feature is only available for Series 1000, 2000 and 3000 GPUs - the latest Nvidia architecture.
Before Nvidia started releasing "Studio" drivers, there were only "Game Ready" drivers - these handled BOTH games and content creation programs.

There are "Game Ready" drivers available.
If you would like to install the latest drivers, you can do so from this link:
www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/175538/en-us
It's up to you if you would like to try this.

.m2ts and .mp4 are only file containers, not codecs.
Magix AVC is perfectly OK.
.m2ts is a camera format and/or for Blu-ray disc production.

You can't upgrade Graphics Cards inside of laptops - they are "baked in".
You need to buy a new laptop if you want a modern GPU.

If you plan to do a lot of video editing, it is much better to invest in a Desktop computer and/or build your own computer.
A desktop is generally cheaper than a laptop and packs more processing power.
Laptops are OK, but because they can't cool as efficiently as a desktop, they are power limited, which slows down the CPU and GPU.

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:26 May 2021 12:11 by DoctorZen

• Brian
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3

Replied by Brian on topic Rendering freezes at same point in Vegas Movie Studio 17 Platinum

Posted 27 May 2021 00:12 #13
Thanks Derek.
I have downloaded the latest NVIDIA driver using your link.  Can't see if it's made any difference though.
It does not show in  "Render as.."
It is shown in "Options/Preferences/Video -  GPU acceleration of video processing" which is what is selected.
Does not show in "File I/O".  Off is selected.
I have uninstalled VMS16 as no patch has been issued.

My lifestyle is not conducive to a Desk top machine.  My partner lives in the Lake District where her family are and I live Cardiff where my family are.  As we are both long retired,  we travel back and forth each month.  I'm only editing our holiday videos and burning as Blu-ray discs.  Still three hols in arrears!  My laptop is a special build.  My local computer hardware man specified it for me for video editing and is based on a gaming machine.  It is now some 8 years old though.
If I purchase a new laptop,  should any of the "Options/Preferences/..." be different?  
Your advice and help is very much appreciated.
Best wishes
Brian

by Brian

If I purchase a new laptop,  should any of the "Options/Preferences/..." be different?  

If you do buy a new laptop in the future, just make sure it has the latest Nvidia Graphics card installed.
Series 2000 or 3000. If way in the future, 4000 series will be released next.
I would recommend a minimum of RTX 2060 or RTX 3060.

The CPU is also important.
Make sure it is a minimum of 4x Cores.
However, 6 or 8 Core CPUs are best for video editing.
Intel use to be the market leader for CPUs engineered for laptops, however that is no longer the case.
The CPUs are OK, but AMD is now the superior product.
AMD also make extremely good CPUs now for laptops and tend to specialize in high core count models, like 8x Cores.
AMD CPUs are called "Ryzen".
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• Brian
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3

Posted 27 May 2021 21:55 #15
Thanks Derek.
by Brian

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.914 seconds