VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Question Error Message & Render Crashes - Vegas Movie Studio 17 Platinum

• joeyb
  • joeyb's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by joeyb on topic Error Message & Render Crashes - Vegas Movie Studio 17 Platinum

Posted 26 Sep 2022 21:16 #11
THANK YOU :) Sorry for not knowing the decorum here.  Sadly Dr Zen it has not worked.  I am at the stage where I think I need to export each track with its edits and effects as a rendered down file and do that for all tracks and try and re-import to a brand new project.  Can I do that?  If so how?  Thanks again!! :)
by joeyb

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

If you replaced the video with Handbrake versions and it still doesn't work, that would indicate two options:
1. Your .vf project file is corrupt
OR
2. There is a Video Effect you have added which is causing the crash

I recommend you copy your project into a new project file.

Open your current project.
Now open Vegas Movie Studio 17 Platinum again, like you were just booting it up - you will now have 2x instances of VMS showing in the Taskbar at bottom of screen.

Locate first video track in project with events on it.
Select everything, then right-click and COPY
If events started past the 0:00 point, move the cursor to beginning of first event and note the Time Stamp.

Now open 2nd instance of Vegas which is empty.
Position Timeline Cursor at beginning of first event.
Right-click and PASTE videos.

Now go back to first project and copy 2nd video track.
Copy and Paste until everything is in new project
Remember to use Save As and create new project name.
Continue until everything is copied into new project.
Close first project.
Re-boot computer.
Open new copy of project and try a render.
If it crashes again, it probably means you have added a Video Effect that is causing problems.
The only way to locate bad FX, is to turn all Video FX off and turn one back on at a time - trying a new render each time, until it crashes.
Then you should now which FX are causing the problem.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: joeyb

• joeyb
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2

Replied by joeyb on topic Error Message & Render Crashes - Vegas Movie Studio 17 Platinum

Posted 27 Sep 2022 17:55 #13
ok thanks I will try that.  one thing I do recall though. when I purhcased the total blue effects bundle from the deal you had going. it caused flickering in the preview window when i used those effects.  it kind of sorted itself out after I reinstalled vegas from my cd of it but now I notice it is flickering a lot in preview while trying to render.  could the blue effects be causing it?
by joeyb

• joeyb
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2

Posted 28 Sep 2022 00:30 #14
Hi Dr Zen,  I tried pasting to a new project but it does not past in time ie locked in time it all defaults to the header of the track so if I have to rearrange it all into the correct placing I may as well start over.  Is there a way to paste exactly in the timing that the orignal is placed? 
by joeyb

when I purhcased the total blue effects bundle from the deal you had going. it caused flickering in the preview window when i used those effects.  it kind of sorted itself out after I reinstalled vegas from my cd of it but now I notice it is flickering a lot in preview while trying to render.  could the blue effects be causing it?

New Blue FX should not be causing flickering while rendering.
This is normally a GPU Driver problem.

I tried pasting to a new project but it does not past in time ie locked in time it all defaults to the header of the track so if I have to rearrange it all into the correct placing I may as well start over.  Is there a way to paste exactly in the timing that the orignal is placed? 

In Original project, select ALL events on One Video Track - use typical Windows Copy shortcuts like:
1. Select first event, hold CTRL key down, then select last event - all events should now have yellow border around them - right-click and select COPY
OR
2. Hold CTRL key down and select events one at a time, them right-click and COPY

To PASTE into new project, you must FIRST line up the CURSOR to be is SAME position as first event.
When you right-click and PASTE, all events should start at cursor position - everything should remain in order and not need re-editing.

When you repeat the process for each track, the cursor may be in different position each time!
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: joeyb

• joeyb
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2

Posted 01 Oct 2022 19:05 #16
how do I fix a CPU driver problem is that a matter of updating the drivers with the links you gave me?  Do I have to uninstall them or can just install the updated ones and then they will just replace the old ones?  I am a bit scared of uninstalling stuff like that.  It's only a year or so old this computer and this flickering and problems all started after I installed the new blue TOTAL FX.   I didnt have an issue before.  Thanks for your time, as always! 
by joeyb

I don't think I ever said anything about CPU drivers.
Go to the Manufacturers website for your computer and look up the model.
You will find a Driver Download section, that should list all the latest drivers.

As I said before, New Blue FX should not cause any flickering on your system, unless you have applied a specific NBFX to a video.
Temporarily remove ALL NBFX in your project to see if that stops flickering.
You need to be VERY SPECIFIC - which exact Video Effect do you think is causing the problem ???
Let me know, then I can check on my computer.

What settings did you apply to this Video Effect ?

What is the Frame Rate of the Project Properties ?

What is the Frame Rate of the videos in project ?

Which Frame Rate did you select for your Rendering Template ?

Are you rendering with the GPU or CPU ?
If so, which one ?
Intel, AMD or Nvidia ?

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.945 seconds