VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Question How to Render to 9:16 Portrait - Movie Studio 12

How to Render to 9:16 Portrait - Movie Studio 12 was created by Maxwell22

Posted 16 Jun 2023 07:30 #1
Hi

I was reading the guide here:

www.moviestudiozen.com/forum/movie-studio-platinum/3119-how-to-create-9-16-portrait-style-videos-with-movie-studio-platinum-13#15600

My videos are already rendered, I'm just trying to create the famous shorts from some bits. They are at 1920 x 1080 29.97frames/sec.

So, I was looking at the guide and at the very first point, I got stuck.

On Step 2 you state to change the Project Properties. I can for the Width but the Height won't stick. Every time I type 1920, it reverts back to 1080:

Do you know why this happens? Everything else is the same, but can't get past this point.

Also, on a side query, I noticed you put the Full Resoltion render to Best. Mine is set to Good, is there a massive difference on the output? I just create gaming videos, no humans etc lol.

Many thanks

Max

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic How to Render to 9:16 Portrait - Movie Studio 12

Posted 16 Jun 2023 20:25 #2
Hi Max

Unfortunately, Portrait Style video was never supported in Movie Studio 12 - that version is just way too old.
The only way you will be able to do this, is to upgrade to VEGAS Edit 20.
Vegas Movie Studio was retired 2 years ago and most Movie Studio users who love using Vegas, have upgraded to VEGAS Edit 20, which is the full version of VEGAS Pro, just by itself.
Vegas Movie Studio was the little brother of Vegas Pro, which means you should feel at home, even with all the extra features and changes.

If you are interested in upgrading and qualify for the upgrade, now is the great time to upgrade.
Provided you qualify, you can upgrade for only $60 US dollars right now. The normal price is $249.
Use this link which will take you to the MAGIX owned website .
There are 3 versions you can choose from - select the Edit version.

Regards
Derek

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by Maxwell22 on topic How to Render to 9:16 Portrait - Movie Studio 12

Posted 16 Jun 2023 21:35 #3
Hi

Trust me to have a version that is so old, that it was never supported.

I'll have a look at the Vegas Edit 20, but I also use the Sound Forge Audio Studio that came with Movie Studio, but I see (in the comparison bit), that thats not available on the Edit. If I went with Edit, I'm hoping that won't get uninstalled on the upgrade.

I do very basic editing for my videos, apart from this protrait thing, so I should really upgrade :)

Thanks

Max

Replied by ericlnz on topic How to Render to 9:16 Portrait - Movie Studio 12

Posted 17 Jun 2023 09:16 #4
Nothing should get uninstalled with your upgrade. Your VMS12, Soundforge and VP Edit are separate programmes and can all be on your pc.  Some users have several versions of VP or VMS installed.
by ericlnz

Replied by DoctorZen on topic How to Render to 9:16 Portrait - Movie Studio 12

Posted 17 Jun 2023 10:55 #5
As Eric has explained, none of the programs already on your computer will get un-installed if you buy and install VEGAS Edit 20.
"Upgrade" is only referring to price/eligibility to buy a program at a discounted rate.
After you install VEGAS Edit 20, all your currently installed programs will still be operational and act the same as before - they will not be removed!

Please note that if you are using a very old computer, you will not get the best performance out of VEGAS Edit 20.
VEGAS Edit 20 needs a modern computer with modern hardware to work properly. Example: A latest generation Nvidia Graphics Card.
I recommend you download and test the free trial first, if you are interested in buying VEGAS Edit 20.
Free Trial links are located at bottom of sales page located here .
Please note this is normal sales page and is different to the extra special discount offer I provided in the first link I sent you.
Use this new link (above) just to access Free Trial downloads.

And one final thing...
If you upgraded to VEGAS Pro 20 for $99.99, instead of VEGAS Edit 20 for $59.99, you would get access to Sound Forge Audio Studio 16 and other extra programs.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:17 Jun 2023 10:58 by DoctorZen

Replied by Maxwell22 on topic How to Render to 9:16 Portrait - Movie Studio 12

Posted 17 Jun 2023 22:37 #6
Thank you both for the reply. I've downloaded the trial, and will have a go this week.

My computer was built a few years ago, it has a Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 6GB, Windows 10 Pro, Intel i7-4820K @ 3.70GHz as well as 16Gig Ram, so hopefully thats enough.

In Movie Studio I don't render via the graphics card, but I have heard thats a better option, so will have a test on the trial for a few things.

Thanks

Max
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.740 seconds