DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved My rendering stops at 30%

My rendering stops at 30% was created by superguy

Posted 29 Oct 2023 11:50 #1
on my movie studio platinum 12 my rendering for certain videos im making always freezes at 30%

okay when i make videos of me talking about stuff it does all the way and finishes 100%

but when it comes to rendering videos of me reacting to things or im on camera it stops at 30% and it brings up this thing that says send or do not send and then it shuts down when ever i say dont or do send 

so can someone help me what can i do to fix this 

Last Edit:31 Oct 2023 19:03 by superguy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic My rendering stops at 30%

Posted 31 Oct 2023 19:18 #2
There are a large number of things that can cause rendering to freeze/stop.

VEGAS Movie Studio Platinum 12 is a very old version now, so I would guess you have had it installed on the same computer for a long time.
Sometimes the Temporary Files Folder cache may become corrupted, due to a large number of old file data.

The first thing I recommend you try is a full program reset, which will default all settings back to the day you installed the program and it will also delete/clean the files cache. Resetting can sometimes fix weird problems. Reset instructions here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/doctor-zen-faq/how-to-reset-sony-software-to-default-settings#a1
*Please note that after a reset, you may have to re-configure any custom settings you like to use.

If resetting does not fix the problem, did you use any Video FX in your project ?
Are there any Video FX near/at the 30% mark of your project ?
If so, which FX did you add ?

Did you use video that was recorded with a Mobile Phone ?
Mobile Phones record using a Variable Frame Rate, which most Video Editing programs do not like - it can cause problems while rendering.
This type of video needs to be converted to Constant Frame Rate, before you import into your project.
If this applies to you, I can show you how to convert your video using Handbrake.

When the program crashes, an Error Reporting screen normally pops up.
At the bottom of the error window, there are Check Boxes for providing more information about the cause of the crash.
Tick those boxes, then Copy & Paste the information into a forum reply, so that I can inspect the message.

Regards
Derek

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by superguy on topic My rendering stops at 30%

Posted 01 Nov 2023 22:01 #3
hey yeah i found out what the problem was ( i think) when you told me to reset the program i found out the place where my videos render is running out of space ( even tho its at 350+ more space )

im like whats going on there

but anyway i tried rendering it to other places and it seems to work

im rendering it just for another test to another device to see what will happen

if it does its job il post back saying it works
Last Edit:19 Nov 2023 15:45 by superguy
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.863 seconds