VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Best Video FX plugin to soften harsh lighting and smoothen blemishes

• Linda
  • Linda's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi guys,
I am using Sony Movie Studio 13 and have been searching everywhere for a video fx plugin to use on some video footage where the lighting is a bit harsh and throwing shadows on the subject. I came across smart smoothen, but it is only for 32 bit processors and mine is a 64 bit. Does anyone know where I can find a plugin to remove blemishes and soften lighting? thanks heaps :P
Last Edit:19 Feb 2015 19:10 by Linda

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi Linda

If you are only using the basic "non-platinum" version of Movie Studio, you will be very limited in the controls and effects available to you.

To do what you want to do, you need Movie Studio Platinum 13 or Movie Studio Suite 13. If you had the Platinum version, you don't need to buy any third party effects.
The Platinum version comes with many Colour Correction tools which would be able to help you out.
You could use Brightness & Contrast and Colour Curves to fix video.

If you upgraded to Movie Studio Suite 13, you also get access to special BorisFX plugins.
One of those plugins is a Noise Reduction effect.

I suggest you read and watch my tutorial on Colour Correction.
It will show you what is available and how to use it.
How to use Colour Correction Tools in Sony Vegas Pro

Regards
Derek.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Linda

• Linda
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
Hi Derek,
thanks for the quick reply. I wonder whether I can upgrade my movie studio 13 to the platinum version? I do have the brightness and contrast filter, which I am already using, but I don't seem to have any noise reduction filters, only one to add noise! I have heard that you can download extra plugins or presets into movie studio if it doesn't already come with it? thanks, Linda
by Linda

I literally just received a new email from Sony Creative Software, advertising a special one week sale of all their products including upgrades.
If you are subscribed to their newsletter, you will receive the same email. It contains special links to discounts.
You can upgrade from Movie Studio 13 to Movie Studio Suite 13 for $55.97.

If you don't get email within the next couple of hours, I can send a copy to you.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• Linda
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
awesome, please send me a copy cause I don't think I ever subscribed to them. Would you say Movie suit 13 is the best one to upgrade to? I just want to get the best straight away so that I don't limit myself for the future! :)
by Linda

• Linda
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
Hi again, I just logged into my Sony account and found a link where it gives me all the options I can upgrade to. One of them was upgrade to Movie Studio 13 Platinum, is that a good choice? What is the main difference between Upgrade to Movie Studio and Upgrade to Movie Studio 13 Platinum? Another thing I was hoping to be able to do is to pan across a scene to make it look like the camera is moving say from left to right. Is there a plugin that can do that in Platinum? I saw that upgrading to Vegas Pro 13 is a lot more expensive. I am a bit of a novice when it comes to video editing so I guess I don't want to upgrade to a program where I won't really use all the functions. thanks, Linda
by Linda

The Suite is the best version because you get more programs and lots of bonus features.
Create an account with Sony Creative Software and login before you buy.
Buy the Download version and then you will get immediate access to all downloads via your new account.

Sending email to you now.

• Linda
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
great, thanks so much for your help :)
by Linda

I have a tutorial which shows how to Pan on Photos.
How to Create a Custom Slideshow using Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 10

• Linda
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
Hi Derek,
I have now purchases and installed the Sony Movie Studio 13 Suite and have found the noise reduction filter in the video effects panel. Do you have a tutorial on how best to use it? There are so many options and I am a bit overwhelmed with what they all mean. There are some tutorials on the Boris FX website, but they are all very general and don't seem to go into what all the different functions do. There's also a flicker fixer effect, which might be useful if you also have a tutorial on that?
thanks, Linda
by Linda

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.809 seconds