DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Best Video FX plugin to soften harsh lighting and smoothen blemishes

• DoctorZen
  • DoctorZen's Avatar Away
  • Don't Panic !
  • Thank you received: 1563
I have not made any tutorials with the Boris Fx.
The best tutorial I have found for using Boris Noise Reduction is in this video.
Go to the 7:00 minute mark.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:08 Mar 2015 19:32 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: Linda

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Linda
  • Linda's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Derek,
I had a look at the tute and although it is very comprehensive I am not sure if this is the best filter to help me clean up my video. I think most of the issues are due to using auto focus in low light, which causes lack of sharpness at times and also motion delay (not sure if that's what it's called). I have already used the Sony Unsharp mask filter and the Brightness and Contrast filter on it, which has helped a bit, but I was hoping that this Sony platinum upgrade might give me a few more options. This is one of my earliest videos using a Canon Vixia HF 40 camera and I have come a long way by getting better lighting and adjusting camera settings, but I still want to try and fix some of my earlier vids. Oh, and by the way I film instructional fitness videos. Do you think if I emailed you the clip you could point me in the right direction as to which filters are best to use? I could email you the rendered MP4 version which I already have uploaded, or if you prefer the raw camera footage I can upload that. I would really really appreciate your help! ;)
by Linda

• DoctorZen
  • DoctorZen's Avatar Away
  • Don't Panic !
  • Thank you received: 1563
I am not a fan of trying to fix bad video out of a camera.
As you have already stated, getting your Lighting and Camera settings right is a much better option.

If your video is really bad, no program is going to be able to fix it.
Maybe some really expensive professional grade software would do the trick.
Movie Studio has a lot of good tools, but it can't fix everything.

If you have uploaded your video to YouTube, just send me a link and I can have a quick look.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• Linda
  • Linda's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 0
ok, thanks for that. Here is the link:
:)
by Linda

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.750 seconds