VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Platinum 12 or Platinum 13

Platinum 12 or Platinum 13 was created by aljanon

Posted 04 Mar 2015 15:14 #1
Hi All,
I am new to video editing so would appreciate some sound advice.
I basically record Acoustic Guitar Music onto my HD video camera which has an external mic input so I connect a HQ condenser microphone(s) to this.
I like to record like this as it keeps it simple just one button to press (remotely)and I'm rolling. I've tried other ways like DAW and the like but find it a pain having to restart every time (frequently) I make a mistake. I can't see how it would be possible to edit out mistakes by the way.

So.....I would like to load this into P12 or P13 add a title maybe some transitions and fades etc., I would also like to add/adjust the eq and some decent reverb.
Can I achieve all this with Platinum 12 or do I need Platinum 13. 12 is obviously very cost effective at this time.

I have looked at a lot of editing programs and these seem to offer the best features also the superb advice and tutorials available on this site is a huge plus.....

Thanks
by aljanon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Platinum 12 or Platinum 13

Posted 04 Mar 2015 20:46 #2
Hi

If you want access to some Audio Effects, you will need to look at one of the Suite versions of Movie Studio.
Movie Studio Suite 12 or Movie Studio Suite 13 both come with Sound Forge Audio Studio, which is a basic Audio Editor.
Suite 13 also comes with Acid Music Studio, which is a Music Creation Program.

I suggest you download the free trial for Movie Studio Suite 13. Please note this comes with all the programs, not not bonus features. You only gain full access after purchase.
Please read/watch this article:
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/sony-movie-studio-platinum/515-review-of-sony-movie-studio-suite-13

I also highly recommend Izotope Nectar Elements. With Nectar elements you can quickly apply some effects to your audio and bring it to life.
You can download a free trial from here:
www.izotope.com/en/products/mixing-mastering/nectar-elements/
This program comes free with Sony Vegas Pro 13 or you can buy it direct from Izotope and use it with Movie Studio Platinum or Suite 13
www.sonycreativesoftware.com/vegaspro/whatsnew

Regards
Derek.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by aljanon on topic Platinum 12 or Platinum 13

Posted 05 Mar 2015 06:18 #3
Hi Derek,

Thanks for your quick reply and the helpful advice.
I did actually download the trial version of Platinum 13 a while back. I didn't get to really try it out, as at the time due to my lack of knowledge I found it all a bit confusing. The trial period has now expired and you only get one trial period.

I think I'm going to give the Platinum 12 Studio Suite a try the Sound Forge sounds good too. Do you think that set up will be ok. I can't unfortunately afford the 13 version, I am a retired 67 year old on a UK state pension so money is a bit tight. As mentioned I don't need to do anything to flash, I just want to record something that my children & grandchildren can look at in years to come. I have a daughter & 2 grandchildren in Belrose very near Sydney, her other half is Australian by the way.

This is the sort of thing I would like to do although I nowhere near as good in fact not even close.

Is it possible to also load my own effects/plugins into the program.

Thanks again Derek......Best regards....Alan
by aljanon

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Platinum 12 or Platinum 13

Posted 05 Mar 2015 15:52 #4
Movie Studio Platinum 12 Suite will work well for you.
Make sure you buy it through a reputable site like Amazon.
I actually have this listed in my own Amazon store which you can access directly through this link:
astore.amazon.com/movstuzen-20/detail/B008MIMIY8
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.864 seconds