VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved How can I improve output video quality?

Replied by DoctorZen on topic How can I improve output video quality?

Posted 27 May 2015 14:06 #11
Yes, re-sampling affects sideways movement dramatically. It gets worse when the movement is fast.
By default I turn off re-sampling in all my projects.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle eye., Archlich

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Eagle eye. on topic How can I improve output video quality?

Posted 29 May 2015 13:30 #12
We had a corker day in Auckland yesterday and I went out with the NX70 shot varied scenes. Some at a rail station, some along the waterfront & the city. I can confirm after editing and disabling the resample setting for the whole timeline, the resulting Blu-ray BD-RE played back with some of the best looking video I have ever shot. Especially the panned landscapes. Thanks for that tip its a winner. :)

Posted 29 May 2015 13:45 #13
Excellent ! :woohoo:
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• ets
  • ets's Avatar Offline
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2
  • Thank you received: 6

Replied by ets on topic How can I improve output video quality?

Posted 31 May 2015 15:51 #14
Hi all
Can someone explain what resampling is doing? Why it is there? Are there cases to let it enabled?
thanks for reply.......
Last Edit:31 May 2015 15:52 by ets

Posted 31 May 2015 19:00 #15
This is what the official Help file says on this topic.

Resample (video only)

Select a radio button to determine how video frames will be resampled when the frame rate of a media file is lower than the project’s frame rate. This can occur either when the event has a velocity envelope or when the frame rate of the original media is different than the Frame rate setting on the Video tab of the Project Properties dialog.

With resampling, the intervening frames are interpolated from the source frames, much like a crossfade effect between the original frames. This may solve some interlacing problems and other jittery output problems.

◾Smart Resample

Resampling occurs only when an event's calculated frame rate does not match the project frame rate and the project frame rate is 24 fps or greater.

The calculated frame rate takes into account any changes made to event speed with velocity envelope, playback rate, and undersample rate.

◾Force Resample

The event is always resampled, regardless of its frame rate or the output frame rate.

◾Disable Resample

No resampling will occur.

Replied by Eagle eye. on topic How can I improve output video quality?

Posted 01 Jun 2015 06:46 #16
Yes, I had read up on that prior to my disabling the resample setting, however my software was by default set to Smart Resample. Although my movie footage was all the same frame rate it still made a noticeable difference to the detail during panning with it disabled. As Derek had pointed out he keeps the resample setting disabled prior to rendering and now so do will I. Try a few copies of the same footage rendered & burned to a rewritable with one set to Smart resample & one disabled and you will see. I found panning across a hedge is classic with so much tiny detail soon as you start to pan you will see the difference between on & off.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.818 seconds