VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Create a template

Create a template was created by carterscj

Posted 19 May 2015 14:40 #1
Hello,

How do I create an introduction template base on 75 seconds of a movie project that I previously created?

I using a Movie Studio Plat. Ver 12, 64 Bit, Build 1184.

I downloaded and used a free Laurent Caccia template as an reference for my first home movie project as the introduction. I like the changes I made to that free intro template, I then added my media and burned it to DVD as the Carter Family Reunion 2014 project. I want to now use that modified intro or the first 75 seconds as my template for my other home movie projects without having to recreated the intro each time for future projects. How do I save the first 75 seconds as my Carter Intro template? How do I then use that new template file for projects without screwing up the original?

I attempted to open the Carter Family Reunion 2014 project, selected Save As with a new name of Carter Intro into a new folder, and then attempted to delete the media parts that I do not need past the introduction but Movie Studio also wants to delete the files in the original Carter Family Reunion 2014 project folder which I do not want to touch.

Thank you.

Cee
Last Edit:06 Jul 2015 14:13 by carterscj

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Derek
  • Derek's Avatar Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Peace Man :)
  • Thank you received: 5

Replied by Derek on topic Create a template

Posted 19 May 2015 15:20 #2
Hi

Probably the easiest way to do what you want is open a 2nd instance of Movie Studio.
This means have two instances of Movie Studio open at the same time.

Open your old project that has Introduction you like.
Then open a 2nd instance of Movie Studio. You can do this by double-clicking the program icon on Desktop or selecting from Programs list.
Create or open your new project file in this second instance of the program.
Now go back to original project and use simple Copy and Paste function to copy intro pieces from one project into another.

I have an old tutorial on this topic here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/sony-movie-studio-platinum/82-how-to-copy-media-and-fx-from-one-project-into-another-using-vegas-movie-studio-or-vegas-pro

Regards
Derek.
Last Edit:06 Jul 2015 14:14 by Derek
The following user(s) said Thank You: carterscj

Replied by carterscj on topic Create a template

Posted 20 May 2015 04:22 #3
Thank you Derek!!
Last Edit:06 Jul 2015 14:14 by carterscj

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.907 seconds