VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Combining clips from different Projects into one New Project

I have about 30 clips taken with a Sony DCR SR200 (mpeg2) and a Canon Vixia HF R400 (mpeg4). Want to be able to work on individual clips and eventually combine them together. I have a folder in on my C drive into which I am saving the project files of the individual clips. Can't figure out how to combine these individual files.
Last Edit:07 Nov 2015 15:34 by targa912

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Combining clips from different Projects into one New Project

Posted 07 Nov 2015 15:34 #2
Hi Targa912

You can open a second instance of Movie Studio and create a Master Project, in which you can then Copy and Paste all your smaller projects into the one project.

Double-click program icon on Desktop to open 2nd instance of Movie Studio - you will now have 2 Movie Studio tabs on the Windows Taskbar at bottom of desktop.
Make sure your Taskbar is set not to combine tabs. Right-click Windows Taskbar and set Taskbar Buttons = Never Combine.
Now you can Copy and Paste smaller projects into Master Project - flipping between each instance of Movie Studio and closing the smaller ones after the Paste has been completed.

Hint: Keep using Save As to regularly save the Master Project as progressive versions, V101, V102, V103,.....If something goes wrong, you can easily restore last working version.

I have an old tutorial on this topic as well.
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/sony-movie-studio-platinum/82-how-to-copy-media-and-fx-from-one-project-into-another-using-vegas-movie-studio-or-vegas-pro

Regards
Derek.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Archlich

Replied by targa912 on topic Combining clips from different Projects into one New Project

Posted 08 Nov 2015 01:43 #3
Thanks, I'll give that a try!

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.721 seconds