VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Sound goes before image - no idea what to do

• Sidek
  • Sidek's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 1

Sound goes before image - no idea what to do was created by Sidek

Posted 26 Nov 2015 03:13 #1
Hi everyone.
I'm new here becuase I always try to look for answers via google. This time - I could not find any :/

After creating 2-hours long movie I want to render it in HD quality. I tried MP4 firstly. After waiting 11 hours I simply wanted to see how it looks like. And it looks amazing indeed, however the sound goes a little little bit before the image. It's less than half second quicker but it destroys everything because many scenes were set to the beat of a song. It also looks terrible when a person moves his mouths. I tried to render it with many different options as MP4 and it doesn't work. I have the same problem again and again. It's taken over 2 weeks now!

Then I tried AVCHD and wow - my image is perfectly synchronized with sound but now I can't pause the video or move it forward because as a result I get black screen (no image) with sound only. WEIRD.

Of course I have already tried two different codec packs, as well as many different players (6 of them...). When I watch movies on my computer (downloaded / purchased / from DVD / from Internet / from my camera - doesn't matter) it's always fine.

Any ideas how to fix this?
THANK YOU!
by Sidek

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Sound goes before image - no idea what to do

Posted 26 Nov 2015 09:42 #2
Hi Sidek

The format/codec you render to should not have any effect on Audio Synchronization. If you are experiencing a problem, there is either something wrong with your original source video or your settings.

Where did your original source video come from ?
Video camera, downloaded from website, video screen capture,.....?
Some video screen capture programs are terrible at staying in sync.

Which program and version are you using ?

Did you Match your Media Settings, so that your Project Properties are set the same as Video Properties for Source Video ?
If your Frame Rates do not Match anywhere in the project, it can cause Audio Sync problems.
The Frame Rate your original source video uses, must be set the same in Project Properties and also your Render/Export settings.

You mentioned codec packs.
Never install "free video codec packs" like K-lite.
They can screw up Movie Studio and Vegas Pro badly, because they replace the good quality codecs (you paid for) that came with the program, with inferior codecs.

If this is what you have done, you need to un-install all codec packs and un-install all Sony programs.
Re-boot computer and then re-install only Sony programs - this will re-install correct codecs into Windows Registry.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• Sidek
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie

Replied by Sidek on topic Sound goes before image - no idea what to do

Posted 26 Nov 2015 19:54 #3
Thank you for the answer. Another clue is that when the movie is short (likw 3 minutes for example) AVCHD works perfectly, MP4 - still the same.

I have Canon 70D (recorder at 29fps), MOV, 1080.
I am using Movie Studio Platinium 13.0
The project settings as well as rendering settings are the same. I am attaching 4 screens. Please be so kind and look at them, maybe they will help?
The 1st one - properties of the video file from my camera
The2 2nd one - project properties
The next two are 2 different rendering options I wanted to try.

Thank you!
by Sidek
Attachments:

Posted 26 Nov 2015 20:46 #4
Thanks for uploading the screen shots. I wish there were more people switched on like yourself :woohoo:

All your settings are perfect.
The only thing I don't like seeing is that you are using AVCHD and rendering as Interlaced Video.
The video coming out of your camera is Progressive style video, which is better than Interlaced. All video you see on the Internet and on computers is Progressive. Rendering to Mainconcept AVC/AAC .mp4 is the best option for most situations.

I have a suspicion as to what the problem is, now that I know you are using .mov video.
.mov video can be unreliable in Windows Operating Systems and especially in Sony Movie Studio and Vegas Pro.

Make sure you have Quicktime installed on your computer - this is really important for .mov videos to decode and encode properly.
If you don't have it on your PC, I recommend downloading and installing this build version:
support.apple.com/kb/DL1822?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Solution
I have an old tutorial which shows how to fix your problem.
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/sony-movie-studio-platinum/75-install-apple-quicktime-when-using-sony-vegas-movie-studio-hd-platinum-11

Open Quicktime and go to Edit/Preferences/Quicktime Preferences/Audio and set Devices = Windows Audio Session.
This is the setting that is causing all the problem.
Then re-boot your computer.

With a bit of luck, any .mp4 videos you rendered should now have the audio working properly.
If it does not work, re-render your project to Mainconcept AVC/AAC .mp4 - Internet 1080p, then the video and audio should be back in sync.

Another thing to try is don't use Windows Media Player. Try a different media player like VLC Player or Real Player, which work better with .mov and .mp4 videos.

Please report back if this fixes the problem.

All the best.
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:27 Nov 2015 00:28 by DoctorZen

• Sidek
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie

Posted 26 Nov 2015 20:50 #5
I will do so, THANK YOU!

Now I need one more day to download the software and maybe render everything again.

Once again, thank you so much.
by Sidek

• Sidek
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie

Posted 27 Nov 2015 20:55 #6
Okay, after doing everything you've suggested I can say it's way better.
But still not perfect...

Before the images were coming a little bit before sound, now the sound is quicker than images. You can still see it when someone is speaking or when something is supposed to be perfectly connected to beats of music.

I can try to use the Jog Shuttle option which works really nice, but after some time I think it goes again out of the beat so I have to "Jog Shuttle" it again and then again. Is that common for this option? Do you have any other suggestions?

I have also tried VLC +100ms and this one works nice. The question is: How will the video/sound "behave" in the Internet (YT, vimeo)? Will there be a delay?

You helped me a lot, so thank you a lot!
Last Edit:27 Nov 2015 21:54 by Sidek

Posted 27 Nov 2015 23:06 #7
I have no more information to give.
No one else has ever reported a problem with Canon DSLR video not working properly in Movie Studio, so it must be something to do with just your computer. Maybe your Hard Drive is a bit wonky? The trick with Quicktime was the one part I was confident about, because they same problem use to happen to me. Using Real Player also eliminated problems 100%.

I can't predict the future, so you need to upload your video to YT/Vimeo and see what happens.
My guess is that it work OK.

All the best :)

• Sidek
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie

Posted 28 Nov 2015 04:12 #8
Oh my God, I have a totally bad karma :/ I don't know what is happening around me but now I have a totally different problem.

Please take a look... thanks...
www.moviestudiozen.com/forum/movie-studio-platinum/688-can-t-open-vf-file-46-and-then-it-stops
by Sidek

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.893 seconds