VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Time lapse problems MS Platinum 12

Replied by MrGrunthunter on topic Time lapse problems MS Platinum 12

Posted 26 Dec 2015 17:02 #11
That's kind of what I was afraid of. I thought by renaming the files to have a sequential numbering it would work OK but the software must be reading the time stamps or other information also. Fortunately I didn't completely delete the unwanted files and I was able to undo my file renaming. I copied them into a new folder so I may still be able to copy them back but it's going to be a big PIA as the overall time lapse was recorded over multiple days and on two different SD cards with on card having two different folders. I'll report back on my results ... good or bad

Hmmmm .... what about the photos/files I deleted the the very beginning and at the very end? I would think I could get away with not having them but would need to make sure the files removed in between would be the important ones to get back in place.
DESKTOP: Dell PC WINDOWS 10 PRO, 64-bit, Ver:1607, OS BLD: 14393.1066
INTEL Core: i7-4790, CPU @3.60 GHz, Inst RAM:16.0 GB
GeForce GTX 745, Driver ver: 376.53, Tot avail grap: 12225 MB, Ded vid mem: 4096 MB DDR3
Shared Sys Mem: 8159 MB, DirectX Runtime Ver:12.0

LAPTOP: MSI GE72MVR 7RG
GTX-1070
Last Edit:26 Dec 2015 17:07 by MrGrunthunter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Posted 28 Dec 2015 03:39 #12

DoctorZen wrote: The simple solution to your problem, is to import ALL of the original images from the GoPro as a time-lapse first, directly off the SD card.
So start again with a new project and the original files.
Once you have a time-lapse video on the Movie Studio timeline, then you can trim/delete the unwanted frames.

For a time-lapse import to work properly, all the images must be from the same session and be sequentially numbered from 1 to infinity. You can't have gaps anywhere in the still image stream.

Well Derek, I think I've learned something new again. It appears that when I import all of the photos in a sequence as a Time Lapse it ends up as a single file when I drag it onto the Time Line. It appears you can no longer selectively edit out unwanted photos. What I ended having to do, and probably was my easiest solution was to import the photos using only the sequence in between the unwanted photos. I ended up with 11 different files that way but they all work together seamlessly on the Time Line and I don't have my wife's face staring into the camera trying to read the camera menu :-)

I discovered that when I selected the first photo in the series it would automatically pick the last photo before the one that was deleted. I just made a note of that file name and picked up next time right after the photo that was deleted and continued doing that until I had them all imported. If this sounds confusing I can make a more step by step set of instructions, or maybe even a screen recording of my work-around.
GeForce GTX 745, Driver ver: 376.53, Tot avail grap: 12225 MB, Ded vid mem: 4096 MB DDR3

GTX-1070
Last Edit:28 Dec 2015 03:40 by MrGrunthunter

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Time lapse problems MS Platinum 12

Posted 28 Dec 2015 06:41 #13

MrGrunthunter wrote: It appears that when I import all of the photos in a sequence as a Time Lapse it ends up as a single file when I drag it onto the Time Line. It appears you can no longer selectively edit out unwanted photos.

Maybe this will help in the future, it works for me. I Add media as a sequence. Expand the timeline enough to display individual frames. Then I can cut and delete the frames (photos) I don't want. I turn on frame numbers which help me locate frames....Options > Preferences > Video - "Show source frame numbers on event thumbnails as:" = "Frame Numbers". The frame numbers start at "0". So if I have numbered the photos starting with "1", and the photo number I want to delete is "120", the frame number I want to delete should be "119". Is this making any sense?!?!?

If I rename my photos to start at "0", the photo name number should match my frame numbers exactly.
Best Regards......George

Posted 28 Dec 2015 10:05 #14
That would work if I bring them in as a 'slide show' but I'm bringing them in as a Time Lapse series.

GTX-1070

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Time lapse problems MS Platinum 12

Posted 28 Dec 2015 11:25 #15
Sorry if I didn't explain it well......I'm not bringing them in with Slideshow Creator, but as a sequence as in Derek's Time Lapse tutorial. All the photos are brought in as one event on the timeline, I simply expand the timeline so the frames are exposed making them easy to cut and delete. Switching on the frame number display makes the frame quicker to find for deletion.
Best Regards......George

Posted 28 Dec 2015 12:09 #16
That's interesting. When I do that I can expand the time line to see the individual frames but if I try and select one the entire sequence gets selected. I'll have to give it another try.

GTX-1070

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Time lapse problems MS Platinum 12

Posted 28 Dec 2015 13:06 #17
Press S for Split on either side of the Frames you need to remove and then press delete.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrGrunthunter, Eagle Six

Posted 28 Dec 2015 14:18 #18

DoctorZen wrote: Press S for Split on either side of the Frames you need to remove and then press delete.

Yep ... guess I just had a brain fart ....... I don't know why I didn't think of that. Thanks Derek for reminding me :-)

GTX-1070

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.741 seconds