VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Templates

• 123DAC
  • 123DAC's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3
  • Thank you received: 12

Templates was created by 123DAC

Posted 18 Dec 2015 04:01 #1
Can you edit downloaded templates in Movie Studio or do you need "Pro" versions. If you can how ?
by 123DAC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Templates

Posted 18 Dec 2015 05:06 #2
Hi 123DAC,

What type of template are you inquiring about?

- Command
- Render
- Intros
- Or, something else

These are all referred to as templates, that as far as I know, can be edited in Movie Studio Platinum. Of course each one has different steps to process editing.

(the download intro templates I have looked at are not, in my opinion, true templates stored within Movie Studio, rather they are .vf projects requiring all the resources that were used to make them. Same with Vegas which would be .veg projects. Nonetheless, they are refered to as templates.)
Best Regards......George

• 123DAC
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3

Replied by 123DAC on topic Templates

Posted 18 Dec 2015 06:23 #3
Hi Eaglesix,
It was intro templates I was particularly interested in , (saw a few on youtube) to see if I could personalise some of my videos. Many thanks for the prompt response
by 123DAC

Posted 18 Dec 2015 08:03 #4
OK...if they are the typical "referred to" as template intros, the download I'm familiar with should include a Movie Studio project file *.vf, as well as the associated video, still, audio, etc files. When I have loaded these into Movie Studio Platinum they become a stand alone project, which I can edit just like any other project to customize.

If you are dealing with something else, perhaps you can provide a link to a sample.

Hope this helps.
Best Regards......George
The following user(s) said Thank You: 123DAC

Replied by MrGrunthunter on topic Templates

Posted 18 Dec 2015 08:27 #5
I suspect the INTROS / OUTROS being referred to have probably already been rendered and they will have to be used 'as is'. Blufftitler my be the best option for creating your own stand alone intros.
DESKTOP: Dell PC WINDOWS 10 PRO, 64-bit, Ver:1607, OS BLD: 14393.1066
INTEL Core: i7-4790, CPU @3.60 GHz, Inst RAM:16.0 GB
GeForce GTX 745, Driver ver: 376.53, Tot avail grap: 12225 MB, Ded vid mem: 4096 MB DDR3
Shared Sys Mem: 8159 MB, DirectX Runtime Ver:12.0

LAPTOP: MSI GE72MVR 7RG
GTX-1070
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

Posted 18 Dec 2015 08:50 #6

MrGrunthunter wrote: I suspect the INTROS / OUTROS being referred to have probably already been rendered and they will have to be used 'as is'. Blufftitler my be the best option for creating your own stand alone intros.

Yes, if that is the case, I would agree.....

Although you could make alterations by adding to the event such as text titles, make color corrections or color shifts, reverse direction, as well as use Pan & Crop to flip the image around, or zoom in, etc. You could slow down or speed up the event. Same, if it includes audio....add sound effects, or even replace the music or audio tracks altogether.
Best Regards......George
Last Edit:18 Dec 2015 18:32 by Eagle Six

• 123DAC
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3

Posted 19 Dec 2015 01:34 #7
Many thanks , I will give it a try
Dave
by 123DAC

• 123DAC
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3

Posted 19 Dec 2015 02:18 #8
I have downloaded a couple of Sony vegas intros from You tube using a simple technique of putting "ss" before before "youtube" in the address bar. When I import them into Movie Studio I can pan and crop them but can't edit the text (or don't know how to!).
Looking at the "downloads " facility buried in the description it requires "Mediafire"... is this safe to use?. As you might have already guessed I am a novice !
Dave
Last Edit:19 Dec 2015 02:19 by 123DAC

Posted 19 Dec 2015 02:53 #9

123DAC wrote: I have downloaded a couple of Sony vegas intros from You tube using a simple technique of putting "ss" before before "youtube" in the address bar. When I import them into Movie Studio I can pan and crop them but can't edit the text (or don't know how to!).
Looking at the "downloads " facility buried in the description it requires "Mediafire"... is this safe to use?. As you might have already guessed I am a novice !
Dave

Hi Dave,

You say they are Sony Vegas intros, but you have loaded them into Movie Studio. That seems to imply they are clips. If you provide the link for the download, it would make it easier for me or others to help out with your questions. I have some time today to look at them if you point me in the right direction to get one of the same intros you have.

I haven't used Mediafire, but a quick Google search revealed mixed opinions of it's safety to use. Maybe others here have experience with it's use.
Best Regards......George

• 123DAC
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3

Posted 19 Dec 2015 03:14 #10
George, Many many thanks for the ultra prompt reply! Here is the link I have been using on Youtube. ( Top5 Sony Vegas intro templates) https://www/youtube.com/watch?v=4gimMnxR081. Its the 2nd one ie #4 I am particularly interested in.
Thanks once again
Dave
by 123DAC

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.814 seconds