VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Vegas Movie Studio 11 Crash when opening video.

Vegas Movie Studio 11 Crash when opening video. was created by Piratejack

Posted 14 Jun 2016 00:40 #1
When I try to open part 3 of a video I made I get a crash report and it the description
Problem Description
Application Name: Vegas Movie Studio HD
Application Version: Version 11.0 (Build 79)
Problem: Unmanaged Exception (0xccccfffe)
Fault Module: C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll
Fault Address: 0x7725C54F
Fault Offset: 0x0000C54F
Extra Information
File: C:\Users\Matthew\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Movie Studio HD\11.0\dx_video_grovel_x86.log
File: C:\Users\Matthew\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Movie Studio HD\11.0\svfx_video_grovel_x86.log
File: C:\Users\Matthew\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Movie Studio HD\11.0\dx_grovel_x86.log
File: C:\Users\Matthew\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Movie Studio HD\11.0\vst_grovel.log

Problem Description
Application Name: Vegas Movie Studio HD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Vegas Movie Studio 11 Crash when opening video.

Posted 14 Jun 2016 01:11 #2
Hi Piratejack

My first thought was to make sure you have the latest build version for this program installed, because I don't recognise Build 79 for any version.
I can't find your version of this program in the Sony Software update page ?
For version 11 I can only see Movie Studio 11 or Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11.

Open the program with no project and go to Help/Sony on the web/Latest Updates - this should automatically check for you.
If there is a newer build version, make sure to install it.

I also recommend resetting your program, which will restore all settings to defaults and clean the temporary files cache.
It is safe to do and will not delete any of your saved projects.
Read here for instructions: www.moviestudiozen.com/doctor-zen-faq/573-how-to-reset-sony-software-to-default-settings

If this video #3 was rendered with Vegas Movie Studio, you may have a bad render.
Re-save the project and use a different name, then re-render into a new video.
See if it works now?

Regards
Derek.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Vegas Movie Studio 11 Crash when opening video.

Posted 23 Jun 2016 16:43 #3
Did you receive my reply, because I have not heard back from you yet ?
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:24 Aug 2016 01:15 by DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.699 seconds