VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Audio signal not getting to Sound Forge software

When I open the Record dialog, the meters register no signal. When I record, nothing gets recorded. I'm using a Focusrite Sapphire Pro 40. In their Mix Control software, I'm getting a signal so I know the cables and interface are in good condition. I've been using this setup for several years and all of a sudden, I get no signal to Sound Forge. I check the preferences in SF and the playback and record hardware is set to the Sapphire interface.

I'm hoping someone has run into this before and will know how to solve it.

Craig
Last Edit:15 Apr 2017 17:35 by SoundForgeVoiceOverGuy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Audio signal not getting to Sound Forge software

Posted 12 Apr 2017 17:36 #2
Hi Craig

I would recommend the first thing you try, is a complete program reset of Sound Forge.
This will clean the temporary files cache and restore all settings to default values.
After the reset, you will then have to reconfigure your Preference Settings in Sound Forge.

Instructions for reset:
www.moviestudiozen.com/doctor-zen-faq/573-how-to-reset-sony-software-to-default-settings

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:12 Apr 2017 17:36 by DoctorZen

Replied by SoundForgeVoiceOverGuy on topic Audio signal not getting to Sound Forge software

Posted 13 Apr 2017 04:19 #3
DoctorZen, thanks for your response. I figured it out. For some reason, in Preferences>Audio>Record tab, the device routing was wrong. I NEVER go into that preference so I'm not sure how it happened.

Of course, if I had followed your suggestion, I still would have needed to change the routing settings. Fortunately, I remembered what those needed to be.

Again, thanks for your response.

Best,

Craig
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.938 seconds