VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Registration of Sound Forge Pro 11.0 requires elevated privileges

I know this is an old thread but seeing as Sony appear to have kindly wiped all trace of the support page originally containing this info, I'll put it here for posterity as it's quite tricky to find now.

If Sound Forge Pro 11.0 has suddenly started griping that "Registration of Sound Forge Pro 11.0 requires elevated privileges" the fix is to delete - or rename - a registry key:-

Open REGEDIT
Browse to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\VirtualStore\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Sony Creative Software\Sound Forge Pro
Delete the 11.0 key and its contents.  If you get an error, rename it instead (you may be able to delete it after a reboot as the key might still be in use at the moment)

You should now find that Sound Forge will run once more, until it decides to throw its toys out of the pram at a later, seemingly random, date.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hello AintBigAintClever

I am the Forum Administrator/Moderator.
I have moved your new forum post into it's own forum thread.

Your solution has nothing to do with the 5 year old thread you posted in and that topic is closed.
www.moviestudiozen.com/forum/sound-forge/1159-sound-forge-pro-11-0-and-sony-vegas-pro-13-problem#15385
However, just in case someone experiences the problem you are referring to, I have decided to allow your message.

Regards
Derek

p.s.
The Sony Creative Software website pages referring to Vegas Pro, Sound Forge, etc.. was shut down many years ago now.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:30 Mar 2022 12:02 by DoctorZen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.718 seconds