VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Audio volume lower after rendering

• Davoid
  • Davoid's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2
  • Thank you received: 6

Audio volume lower after rendering was created by Davoid

Posted 15 Jul 2016 10:24 #1
When I render from Vegas Pro 13 in Sony W64 48,000 24bit stereo PCM, and play the file .w64 I have to turn my volume up a lot higher to be able to hear it. In Vegas the video and audio play fine at normal levels, so it is only when I export using w64. The volume is also low when importrd into DVD Architect with the video.
Can anyone advice me on how to fix this.
Also this is a video being rendered for bluray to load into DVD Architect. It also happens on any file loaded into Vegas and rendered with Sony W64. For DVD rendering to AC3 is fine.

thanks,
David
Last Edit:15 Jul 2016 14:46 by Davoid

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Davoid
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2

Replied by Davoid on topic Audio volume lower after rendering

Posted 15 Jul 2016 12:28 #2
Okay, I was wrong. Have now just rendered the video from Vegas using DVD Architect pal wide screen and ac3 Pro, but have the same issue with the audio problem. Even if I play the audio file by itself in VLC media player it is very low volume level.
Last Edit:15 Jul 2016 14:07 by Davoid

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Audio volume lower after rendering

Posted 15 Jul 2016 14:58 #3
Hi Davoid

I just did some Google searches and it seems like this is an X-file situation.
Search "sound very low after rendering with Sony Vegas Pro" and there are many forum threads about this.
Whatever you are hearing while editing, should remain the same after editing.

As a process of elimination, I would recommend you first reset Vegas Pro and DVD Architect.
Instructions here: www.moviestudiozen.com/doctor-zen-faq/573-how-to-reset-sony-software-to-default-settings

After the reset, open Vegas and go to Options/Preferences/Audio Device
Set Audio Device Type = Windows Classic Wave Driver
Check that all other settings look right for your computer - this is going to be different for everyone, depending on what type of hardware, speakers, microphones you use.

After you have done a reset, create a new test project and import one video.
Cut it down to 1 minute and then render with the same formats and see if problem is fixed.

Have you ever installed any of those free codec packs like K-lite codec pack ?
If you have done this, that could explain the problem. These are dangerous things that completely screw up the Windows Registry and replace good quality codecs that come with Vegas Pro. Un-install immediately, un-install all your Sony programs and then re-install.

Check your Windows Sound Card settings.
Right-click little speaker icon in Windows Taskbar (bottom right) and go deep into all settings, making sure the Defaults look OK.

Also check you VLC media player settings.
I would actually recommend using Windows Media Player as a control test, just in case VLC is the problem.

Regards
Derek.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:16 Jul 2016 11:42 by DoctorZen

• Davoid
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2

Replied by Davoid on topic Audio volume lower after rendering

Posted 16 Jul 2016 05:05 #4
Hello Derek,

Thank you for the fix, all working correct again. Only thing I had to do after using ctrl/shift to clear Vegas was to close it and reopen again as it would not let me import the mp4 file. I have never installed k-lite pack as I knew it could cause more problems than fixes.

Again, thank you very much, have rendered again and volume back to normal.

Regards,
David
by Davoid
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Audio volume lower after rendering

Posted 16 Jul 2016 11:41 #5
That's great :woohoo:
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.779 seconds