Solved Vegas stuck on staring gets to "creating video plug in factory and just stays there

• Thank you received: 0

Vegas stuck on staring gets to "creating video plug in factory and just stays there was created by cgross

I tried to open Vegas Pro 14 last night. All I got was an error and a note that said the program was not registered which was not the case. I reloaded the program first using the back up disk and then on line for the latest updates. Now it starts but gbets stuck at "creating video plug in factory" and just stays there. Related programs such as Dvd Architect are working but, Vegas Pro, which I desperately need to finish a project, is not.

I recently updated my windows 10 software so I suspect that has something to do with it. My computer is a HP workstation that exceeds requirements and which I have been using Vegas Pro 14 on for several months. I tried program compatibility trouble shooter which has worked before to to no avail.

Charles Gross
31 Aug 2017 23:50 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1425

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Vegas stuck on staring gets to "creating video plug in factory and just stays there

A Windows update is unlikely to be the problem.
I have the very latest Windows 10 build version installed and Vegas is working perfectly.

What is more likely to be the problem, is your Graphics Card Driver or a new Video Effect you have added to your computer recently.

The first thing you should try, is a full reset of the program.
Re-installing Vegas does not clean the temp. files cache, so you must do it manually.
If the Temporary Files Cache becomes corrupted, this can cause Video FX plugins to not load properly.

Reset instructions here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/doctor-zen-faq/573-how-to-reset-sony-software-to-default-settings#a1

If you have your Graphics Card Driver set to update automatically, it may have installed a version that one of your Video Effects does not like OR the opposite maybe happening, and it hasn't been updated in a very long time.

Check your Graphics Card Driver build version.
Update if it is old or roll back to a slightly older build version and make sure auto-update is turned OFF.

If you installed another program recently, that also uses OFX Video FX - this may be the problem.
If you can work out what it is, un-install it.

Go to Windows Control Panel/Programs and Features and sort program list by Date Installed - what has installed itself recently?
:idea: Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Peace :)
01 Sep 2017 01:02 #2

Replied by cgross on topic Vegas stuck on staring gets to "creating video plug in factory and just stays there

Attempted to do what you suggested. Got error report 46 and then the program is unregistered. Same problem I had last night. will uninstall and try what you suggested again.
01 Sep 2017 11:40 #3

Replied by cgross on topic Vegas stuck on staring gets to "creating video plug in factory and just stays there

Reset to default as you suggested but it didn't work.

I installed audacity (a sound program) recently but Vegas worked fine after that. There was an adobe achrobat update yesterday "Synaptics Mouse" a driver was installed in the 29th. It appears to be Microsoft related. I haven't installed any new video programs. Didn't see any graphics card updates but not sure where to look for them or how to reset. Would welcome any further suggestions.
01 Sep 2017 12:06 #4

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Vegas stuck on staring gets to "creating video plug in factory and just stays there

If the program is saying it is un-registered, that sounds like something much more serious is going on in your computer!
Something has gone wrong in Windows for sure.

The reason why I originally said it had nothing to do with a Windows update, is because I always manually update Windows myself, every time a major program update is released. Each time this has happened, Vegas has continued to work properly.

It sounds like something has become corrupted in the Windows Registry, which means no amount of re-installing will fix this problem.

I recommend a clean re-install of Vegas, which means un-installing ALL your Magix/Vegas branded programs and also removing references from the Windows Registry. I do not have updated instructions on how to do this for Magix/Vegas, but do have instructions for Sony Vegas. You should be able to adapt these instructions.

Here is the FAQ for doing a clean install of Sony Vegas on Windows 10:
www.moviestudiozen.com/doctor-zen-faq/570-clean-install-sony-vegas-windows-10

In the program and registry addresses I showed in this FAQ, replace Sony with Magix, Vegas and Vegas Pro.
So if you have old Sony versions on your PC, do not delete Sony folders!

Here are the program folders to delete, after you have un-installed Vegas Pro and Vegas DVD Architect.
Depending on what other programs you have installed, you may or may not see the same folders.

Delete:
C:\Program Files\MAGIX
C:\Program Files\VEGAS
C:\Program Files (x86)\MAGIX
C:\Program Files (x86)\VEGAS

To see ProgramData, you need to show hidden folders:

Delete:
C:\ProgramData\MAGIX
C:\ProgramData\VEGAS
C:\ProgramData\VEGAS Pro

Open regedit
You may or may not have the same folders
Delete:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MAGIX
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Magix Low Latency 2016
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MAGIX Software GmbH
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MAGIX
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Magix

Re-boot computer
I would also recommend installing the free version of CCleaner and running the Cleaner and Registry Cleaner.
Note System selections I have made.
www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

BEFORE you attempt re-install of Vegas Pro and Vegas DVD Architect, login to your Magix account and go to:
My Account/My Products
Find Vegas Pro and DVDA
Select Show more details under serial number and deactivate.
This will make sure that when you re-activate, it does not think the program is already on another computer.

Run Vegas Pro 14 installer file or re-download installer file from your account.
Install program and hopefully all is working again.
If you still have problems after all of this, you will need to contact Magix support for further help.
:idea: Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
01 Sep 2017 13:03 #5
Attachments:

Thanks I'll give it a try. And if I used profanity in messages this one would be a lot longer
01 Sep 2017 13:11 #6

About 3 years ago, I had a similar problem with Vegas Pro.
Out of the blue, it just stopped working properly.
I wasted a huge amount of time with it, before attempting a "true" clean install.
Clean install fixed problem immediately.
01 Sep 2017 15:05 #7

I tried it. Seems to have worked for me too. Was surprised that when I reloaded it the program remembered my registgration code. For a minute I thought I had missed something but it seems to be working. Hopefully it will render. Still have to load the other programs but if there are no rendering problems I will get my project done on time.
01 Sep 2017 15:09 #8

Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.684 seconds

Make a Donation

Movie Studio Zen is a fully independent site and all our content is free. You can help support this site by making a PayPal donation.

MSZ Social Media

youtube  facebook  twitter

MSZ Security

MovieStudioZen.com

Copyright © 2020 MovieStudioZen.com.
All rights reserved.