VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved 'Out of memory' error when rendering HD video in VP15

• CeeDee
  • CeeDee's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3
  • Thank you received: 13

'Out of memory' error when rendering HD video in VP15 was created by CeeDee

Posted 29 Nov 2017 20:45 #1
I know this topic has been an old chestnut since Vegas Pro was launched and there are a multitude of fixes posted on YouTube and various forums but all relating to earlier Windows and VP versions. However, there must be an up-to-date fix for VP15 running out of memory when rendering a complex HD project.

Hardware: i7 Proc 3.30GHz 32GB RAM and rendering to 500GB of hard disc space.

Hardware not a problem I suspect that it's all to do with some setting(s) in WIN10 / Vegas Pro.

Anyone got a fix?

PS. VP15 - Titler Pro 6 combo has worked seamlessly on this project.
Sony Vegas Pro 15, DVD Architect 9, Acid Music Studio 9, Sound Forge Audio Studio 10, Photoshop Elements 9
PC: Intel six Core i7 Processor i7-5820K (3.3GHz) 15MB Cache
ASUS® X99-S: ATX, HSW-E CPU, USB 3.0, SATA 6 GB/s
32GB CRUCIAL DDR4 RAM
3GB AMD RADEON™ R9 280X
Last Edit:12 Dec 2017 00:10 by CeeDee

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic 'Out of memory' error when rendering HD video in VP15

Posted 30 Nov 2017 10:23 #2
More details please...?

What output format and template are you rendering to ?
Which Video FX are in your project ?
What type of video is in the project ?

I have never experienced out of memory error with Vegas Pro 13, 14 or 15.

I do have a vague memory of some people reporting a memory problem on the official Vegas forums.
After further investigation, someone worked out that a 3rd party plugin was causing the problem, but I can't remember what it was.
It was something I have never used, but all these people that had problems were using the same thing.

As a general rule, I now reboot my computer before I do the final render of any project.
This guarantees that anything stuck in RAM memory is removed before rendering.

You may be experiencing a problem with the new Magic AVC encoder, if that's what you have been using.
There are still a lot of bugs with this new encoder that have not been fixed yet, but it all depends on what "Custom" settings you may have used.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by mmcswnavy24 on topic 'Out of memory' error when rendering HD video in VP15

Posted 01 Dec 2017 00:30 #3
Hi CeeDee,

The Doc is correct about a "small" issue with VP15. A lot of people using the new Magix AVC encoder have experienced it during rendering, along with some other related issues. Nick Hope from there on the forum has posted an update, something about a "SEMW" plug-in, which if you search within the Vegas Pro part of the forums, he has a link to the updated plug-in. From what I've read, that has typically "fixed" or "addressed" the issue(s). That, or people haven't reported back? Since I didn't purchase Vegas Pro 15 as soon as it was out, I was able to read at the forum about this problem, so when I saw his (Nick's) update, I got it along with my purchase (separately, of course!) of Vegas Pro 15. For me, have not had an issue, and more of trying to render some stuff "outside the realms of what we are supposed to". I'll blame it on AGE!

Good Luck!

Mike "The Chief" O'Sullivan
MSI TRX40 Pro Wifi /3960X/128 GB TeamGroup/PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT/Win 10 Pro 64-Bit. VEGAS Pro 18&19 Edit/SoundForge Studio 15/Magix Xara Photo & Graphics Design/(2) Inland 2TB PCIe with OS & Apps, #2 Documents/Music/etc., (2) PNY 4TB EVO PCIe for source footage, Sabrent 2TB PCI-e Scratch.

• CeeDee
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3

Replied by CeeDee on topic 'Out of memory' error when rendering HD video in VP15

Posted 01 Dec 2017 02:21 #4
I salute the navy! This could well be the cause of this issue as I was trying to render as 'AVC' but Mainconcept is now missing from the list of rendering choices, only Magix AVC. I am not in London until Saturday so will try to locate the aforementioned plug-in and see if that works. Will post back here whatever the result. BTW...100% correct re: the 'age' issue!
Sony Vegas Pro 15, DVD Architect 9, Acid Music Studio 9, Sound Forge Audio Studio 10, Photoshop Elements 9
32GB CRUCIAL DDR4 RAM
3GB AMD RADEON™ R9 280X
Last Edit:01 Dec 2017 03:09 by CeeDee

• CeeDee
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3

Replied by CeeDee on topic 'Out of memory' error when rendering HD video in VP15

Posted 01 Dec 2017 02:23 #5
I'll answer your questions, Derek when I get back to London at the w.e. Thanks for your prompt response (as always!)
32GB CRUCIAL DDR4 RAM
3GB AMD RADEON™ R9 280X
by CeeDee

Replied by DoctorZen on topic 'Out of memory' error when rendering HD video in VP15

Posted 01 Dec 2017 11:21 #6
The original Mainconcept AVC encoder was hidden in Vegas Pro 15, but can be turned back on by going into the Internal Settings.
Hold the SHIFT key down and navigate to Options/Preferences, here you will find the Internal settings tab.
Type "avc" into the search box at bottom and then type TRUE next to Enable Mainconcept...

The Mainconcept AVC encoder will now be available in the Render As window.

**Update December 1, 2017**
Magix has released build version #261 for Vegas Pro 15
Release notes and download link available here:
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/vegas-pro-15-update-2-build-261--109529/

Problems with the new Magix AVC encoder may be fixed now.
Custom Frame Rate problem has definitely been fixed.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:01 Dec 2017 11:26 by DoctorZen
Attachments:

• CeeDee
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3

Posted 01 Dec 2017 20:18 #8
Thanks Derek! I'll defo try that when I get back to the 'smoke'. I have downloaded build 261 so between them these two possible solutions could be what we are all waiting for!

Just want Magix to include AMD Radeon graphics cards in the rendering process now!
32GB CRUCIAL DDR4 RAM
3GB AMD RADEON™ R9 280X
Last Edit:01 Dec 2017 20:32 by CeeDee

• CeeDee
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3

Posted 01 Dec 2017 20:29 #9
Thanks VKMAST ! I will check those two URLs out.
32GB CRUCIAL DDR4 RAM
3GB AMD RADEON™ R9 280X
by CeeDee

• CeeDee
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3

Posted 02 Dec 2017 21:28 #10
Latest update: I downloaded VP15 build 261 and enabled Mainconcept AVC/AAC and tried a render. 'Out of Mem' error again. I tried Magix AVC/AAC but again it crashed. Each time I rendered to an 'Internet 1080 PAL' setting. When I tried Sony AVC/AAC codec and 'Internet 1080 PAL' setting....BINGO! it rendered. However, I did notice when viewing the result that all the Mercalli CMOS Fixr and Stabilzr plug-ins fx did not appear to be rendered. Which begs the new question: When stabilising clips with Mercalli, should one render after applying each of the two effects to the clip BEFORE rendering the entire movie at the end??? Could it be the unrendered Mercalli fxs that are causing the overall rendering problem? Unfortunately, in the Mercalli tutorial, the demonstrator renders only a small section of a clip after applying CMOS Fixr and again after applying Stabilizr which I assumed is only to show the result of this plugin. Anyone clear on how to apply Mercalli ?
32GB CRUCIAL DDR4 RAM
3GB AMD RADEON™ R9 280X
by CeeDee

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.788 seconds