VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Question Vegas 10 won't open gopro videos anymore. Please HELP!!!

Vegas 10 won't open gopro videos anymore. Please HELP!!! was created by mudtool

Posted 07 Oct 2018 14:18 #1
hello folks. i've been using vegas 10 on an old xp machine for my video editing on my gopro silver 4. It's been working great for years but today i uninstalled then reinstalled vegas 10 and it wont recognize my raw mp4s from the camera. It's been a loooong time since i initially set it all up and i remember having issues with the codec being read. Unfortunately cannot remember how i fixed this to get things up and running. I have many family videos of my 3 year old daughter that ive been chipping away at with rendering to bluray disc. I've got many more that need done and i'm at a stand still. I've tried installing the cineform software, k-lite codec pack and older compatible versions of quicktime with no luck getting it to recognize these vidz. Any help is greatly appreciated! thank you!!
Last Edit:07 Oct 2018 15:46 by mudtool

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Vegas 10 won't open gopro videos anymore. Please HELP!!!

Posted 07 Oct 2018 15:46 #2
Hi MUDTOOL

You should not have installed K-Lite Codec pack - that destroys the good quality codecs that came with Vegas and wrecks the Windows Registry.
Un-install K-Lite Codec pack and remove all traces of it from your computer.

Now download a fresh copy of Vegas from www.magix.com/us/support/my-service-center/product-downloads/
Enter your serial number and it will give you the installer for version 10e.
Re-installing Vegas will repair the Vegas codecs.

After you install Vegas Pro 10, make sure to reset the program.
This will clean the Temporary Files Cache, where problems often generate.
Instructions on how to reset are here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/doctor-zen-faq/573-how-to-reset-sony-software-to-default-settings#a1

Resetting the program may fix your problem.

I don't know how Windows XP works - that's too long ago for me.
I would recommend you install GoPro Studio (if you can), because that will install Cineform codecs for GoPro.
I have a download link for an old version of Cineform Studio here, but know if this version will work on Windows XP.
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/sony-vegas-pro/592-render-cineform-video-from-vegas-pro-movie-studio#a6

Try these things and then report back.

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.753 seconds