VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Vegas Pro 13 Cookie Cutter problems

Vegas Pro 13 Cookie Cutter problems was created by Barry1806

Posted 31 Jul 2019 07:52 #1
Derek
Can you give me any help on the Sony Vegas 13 Cookie Cutter

We have be using this video Fx function virtually daily for some considerable time but today when selecting a border it does not place that border as normal around the imediate edge of the selected .jpeg/picture. For example we select a border of no more than 7-14. This shows the border selected around the FULL picture frame of the preview window even to to the edges of the safe screen lines and not on the immediate edge if the picture selected . We are working with a single .jpeg or .png picture. . The Cookie cutter shape does not select the CUT requirement as previously also. Is there a way to re-set the cookie cutter or cache to fix this issue please or where can I look for a setting that controls this plug in that could have been inadvertently changed.
We are also using track motion to cente/move the picture as required.
Barry1806
Last Edit:31 Jul 2019 13:19 by Barry1806

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Vegas Pro 13 Cookie Cutter problems

Posted 31 Jul 2019 13:23 #2
Hi Barry
I answered your email about not being able to login, before I saw your newer message on the forum.

The first thing I recommend you do is reset Vegas Pro.
Reset instructions here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/doctor-zen-faq/573-how-to-reset-sony-software-to-default-settings#a1

If the Cookie Cutter is still not working correctly after the reset, that would indicate you have set something wrong in your project.
Mucking around with Track Motion and/or Event Pan/Crop, can cause unexpected behaviour if you use the wrong combination of settings.
If you still have problems, upload a copy of your .veg Project File to the forum and then I can inspect your settings and find the problem.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Vegas Pro 13 Cookie Cutter problems

Posted 31 Jul 2019 17:24 #3
Replying via the forum is the only place you should use for replies, otherwise the flow between questions and answers gets confusing for me, due to the high volume of messages I can receive each day.

Your message from email you sent to me.

Appreciate what was indicated on forum requests but need your quick answer on whether the Sony Vegas reset will mean that all third party add ins eg Newblue, Production Assistant will remain as is for immediate use and projects using these will remain intact.

Resetting Vegas does not uninstall anything!
It will delete all files in the Temporary Files Cache - after this folder is emptied, anything important will regenerate itself the next time you open Vegas.
A reset will also default all settings, like GPU Acceleration and any custom changes you may have added to the Toolbars.
A reset cannot delete any of your project files.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:31 Jul 2019 17:26 by DoctorZen

Replied by Barry1806 on topic Vegas Pro 13 Cookie Cutter problems

Posted 01 Aug 2019 08:47 #4
Problem resolved without Sony Vegas reset
Went to Preferences --Video tab, and turned off GPU acceleration.
Thank you for your comments and assistance
Barry1906
Last Edit:01 Aug 2019 13:32 by Barry1806

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.736 seconds