VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Vegas Pro 16 is frequent crashing

Vegas Pro 16 is frequent crashing was created by pauldr44

Posted 26 Jan 2020 02:18 #1
Vegas Pro 16 is crashing again and again. It seems to be related to putting in a top video track and adding photos to be inset on the screen while people are being interviewed. I must be doing something wrong but I cannot figure it out. The crashing is so frequent that I have to solve this problem before continuing the editing process. Please help. Thanks, Paul Richards
Last Edit:28 Jan 2020 09:34 by pauldr44

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Vegas Pro 16 is frequent crashing

Posted 26 Jan 2020 12:17 #2
Hi Paul

1. Make sure you have the final build version for Vegas Pro 16 installed, which is build #424.
If your not sure which build you have, go to Help/About inside of Vegas.
Download latest version from here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/doctor-zen-faq/609-vegas-pro-16-update-history

2. I recommend you perform a full program reset, which will delete the temporary files cache and and restore all settings back to factory defaults. This often fixes crashes that occur out of the blue.
Reset instructions here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/doctor-zen-faq/573-how-to-reset-sony-software-to-default-settings#a1

After the reset you will have to turn GPU Acceleration back on, if you have a compatible Graphics Card installed.
Go to Options/Preferences/Video - GPU Acceleration = ON (select your graphics card from drop down box).
Then re-boot Vegas to accept changes.

3. Don't try to add media while the video is playing.

4. Is your Graphics Card driver up to date ?
Nvidia and AMD are always releasing new graphics card drivers. It is not uncommon that some driver releases have bugs which can cause problems in Vegas.
What model Graphics Card and Driver are you using ?
If you don't know what graphics card you have installed, type "dxdiag" in the Windows search box next to your Windows Start button and run app.
Go to Display tab to find Graphics Card model.
You can find your graphics driver version many ways - easiest way is to open your Windows Programs and Features list.

5. If resetting does not work, I will have more suggestions for you after getting info about your graphics card.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:26 Jan 2020 12:27 by DoctorZen

Replied by pauldr44 on topic Vegas Pro 16 is frequent crashing

Posted 26 Jan 2020 23:55 #3
Thanks Derek. The reset seems to have done the trick. I finished editing the program without a single crash. I did not have to turn the GeForce GTX GPU accelerator back on. It did not reset to off. Hoping to see your video on the fires when it is done. How will I find it?

Best,

Paul Richards
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Posted 28 Jan 2020 09:29 #4
Hi Paul

I hesitated on uploading a video about the Australian bush fires, due to some of the insane polarisation and fake news circulating about this topic. After watching many different videos about the fires, I have been quite shocked at the level nonsense being posted in comments from people who don't even live in Australia. I don't want to create an opportunity for that type of crap on my main YT channel.

However, I have decided to upload a short video on my Movie Studio Zen YT channel and a more in-depth video on my personal YT channel.
I will upload something within the next 48 hours.
www.youtube.com/c/MovieStudioZen
www.youtube.com/c/ZenSociety

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:28 Jan 2020 09:34 by DoctorZen

Posted 10 Feb 2020 13:02 #5
A quick update Paul about those videos I promised.
A power surge went through my apartment not long after my last message to you.
My computer's power supply and RAM were destroyed and I also lost my Modem/Router.
I'm still waiting for parts to arrive...

For now I only have my phone and tablet to communicate with the world.

Replied by pauldr44 on topic Vegas Pro 16 is frequent crashing

Posted 10 Feb 2020 15:00 #6
Thanks for letting me know. The fires caused great problems with the electrical system here in California too. Hope you recover all you data and operations and everything. I will look forward to the videos whenever you get to them.

Paul

Replied by vkmast on topic Vegas Pro 16 is frequent crashing

Posted 10 Feb 2020 20:22 #7
@DoctorZen,

sorry to read about another misfortune at your end Derek. Seems that if it's not one thing it's another for you all over there currently.
Hope you will be able to recover and have things soon back to as near "normal" as possible.
Last Edit:11 Feb 2020 21:20 by vkmast

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.798 seconds