VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Installing New Blue Total FX

• Michel
  • Michel's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5
  • Thank you received: 32

Installing New Blue Total FX was created by Michel

Posted 27 Feb 2022 08:31 #1
Hi,

Following Derewk's very recent video that included the super deal with the purchase on MSPS 2022, I mentionned on another platform that I had purchased the app with the sole purpose of getting the 1650$ New Blue FX bundle that was included with it. Afdter opening everything, this is cwhat I get:  NBTotal FX7 - 210922 that simply opens the access to NBElements3Ultimate-211005 and also 3 versions of Titler Pro including 2 versions of Titler Pro3, both have a different serial number and one version of NB Titler Pro4 with it's own serial number.

The issue is when I first started to install  NB Total FX7 I noticed alot of program extraction in the details, the same activities followed with the installation NB Elements3Ultimate. I cannot see or find New Blue FX in my Vegas Pro 19 Video FX tab. I remember a few years ago with a version of MSPS ?? that came with a new Blue package and I could clearly see the New Blue effects in the FX tab. This is not the case right now. Something was installed,  I found A New Blue Application manager and two empty folders: NBElements3Ultimate and NBTotal FX7.

Also why two versions of Titler Pro...is it really the case since there are two different serial numbers. None of the 3 Titlers have yet to be installed. I have a problem with the language and understanding with the explaniations given there?

It doen't seem to be properly installed but I don't have a clue on what is wrong here. Help would be appreciated...thank you.

Michel
Last Edit:30 Mar 2022 11:58 by Michel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Installing New Blue Total FX

Posted 27 Feb 2022 09:10 #2
Hi Michel

Anyone that buys NewBlue Total FX, is about to install EVERYTHING that NewBlueFX makes.
You are about to get the latest and best versions of all their FX, Transitions and Titler Pro.

Before you install NB Total FX, I highly recommend you first un-install any older versions of NewBlue products on your computer.
That means un-installing ALL NewBlueFX programs/apps.
Make sure there no NewBlue products left on your computer.

Then re-boot your computer.

And finally, you can run the Total FX installer file.

After the installation is complete, you should see the Standalone version of Titler Pro 7 on your Windows 10 desktop.
Open the program and this should automatically open the NewBlueFX Application Manager.
Now you need to enter the License Key for Total FX and/or also login to your NewBlueFX account.

If you have bought and/or installed any NewBlueFX from older versions of Vegas in the past, you will also see a list of other NewBlue products with a blue install BUTTON next to them.
DON'T INSTALL ANY OLDER NBFX PRODUCTS !!! YOU DON'T NEED THEM NOW.
If you try to install older NBFX products after installing Total FX, it will un-do parts of your Total FX installation and cause a giant mess.

In the short video I made about NB Total FX, I showed where to find all your FX, Transitions and Titler Pro in Vegas Pro.

Start watching at 2:51

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• Michel
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5

Replied by Michel on topic Installing New Blue Total FX

Posted 27 Feb 2022 14:07 #3
Hi,  I did find how to properly install New Blue Titler Designer and I have an Icon on my desktop for that app. Thanks for the explanations on that matter.After this, I installed NewBlueElements3Ultimate-211005. I presume that is the app with the huge Bundle of effects. Nothing can be seen or found in Vegas Pro 19 FX Tab after the installation?  There is no icon on my desktop after the installation. Like I mentioned on the previous message, I haven’t yet installed any of the three Titler apps yet.Please ignore the two capture screens. I cannot delete them and are not pertinent with the text written here.Thank youMichel 
Last Edit:28 Feb 2022 08:29 by Michel

Posted 27 Feb 2022 17:01 #4
Michel, Michel, Michel.............!

You are still not understanding and following the instructions I have given you.
Please re-read my last reply to you, very slowly and very carefully.
You are adding extra steps which are un-doing the installation of Total FX and causing problems.

Please STOP installing NewBlueElements3Ultimate-211005 - this is a previous product you have bought and does not need to be installed.

There is only ONE file to install, not two.
Because you have done the wrong thing again, you now need to un-install ALL NewBlueFX on your computer, so you can start with a clean slate.
Type "Control Panel" in the Windows Search box, next to the Windows Start button.
Select Control Panel
Make sure View By in the top right corner = LARGE ICONS
Select Programs & Features
Press Publisher column, so that it sorts A to Z
If you don't see Publisher column, right-click Name and turn on Publisher
Scroll to find all NewBlue entries.
Un-install all NewBlue programs listed
Re-boot computer

Now find the file NewBlueTotalFX7-210922.exe and install it.
This is the ONLY file that needs to be installed !!!!!!!!!
Inside this file is EVERYTHING NewBlueFX makes, including NewBlue Elements 3 Ultimate.
This is all you have to do.
When and if the NewBlueFX App Manager opens, ignore Elements 3 Ultimate - this is an older version you have bought in the past - DO NOT install it.
I had hoped when I uploaded a screenshot from the App Manager on my own computer, that you would see I have only installed ONE program and nothing else.

Because you have been installing, uninstalling and re-installing over and over again, the Vegas Pro cache is probably totally confused.
To get a clean re-scan of the all Video FX on your computer, you need to reset Vegas Pro.
I'm sure you know how to do this, but just in case you don't, here are the instructions:
www.moviestudiozen.com/doctor-zen-faq/573-how-to-reset-sony-software-to-default-settings#a1

Please note that it may take a few moments for Vegas Pro to successfully rescan everything, so be patient.

To check that everything is installed, please follow exactly what I did in this video.
Start watching at 2:51
The method I show in this video, is the only way to see all the different NewBlueFX folders, in their groups.

Then finally, you can go to the Video FX and Transitions tabbed windows and select the Third Party tab.

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:27 Feb 2022 17:04 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: mmcswnavy24

• Michel
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5

Replied by Michel on topic Installing New Blue Total FX

Posted 28 Feb 2022 01:45 #5
Hi Derek,We’re just about there even though some features cannot be uninstalled, Explanation:First in your latest answer you wrote: ‘’Please STOP installing NewBlueElements3Ultimate-211005 - this is a previous product you have bought and does not need to be installed''.I assure you Derek that previous to yesterday’s purchase I had NO New Blue FX products on my PC. If you look at the second app. shown on the App Manager you’ll see what I mean.You wrote: ‘’I had hoped when I uploaded a screenshot from the App Manager on my own computer, that you would see I have only installed ONE program and nothing else’’.I do have an identical App Manager with the same features on it. It’s very confusing, first on the App manager there is Total FX 7 with a license number and then you have Elements 3 Ultimate also with a License number followed by an Install button…so I presume I must press on that INSTALL button and the 3 Titler  Pro apps. following this to get evrything installed and running?Now you want me to make a clean installation, naturally I know how Control Panel works. The ONLY New Blue app. installed was Elements 3 Ultimate. I uninstalled it.Now for a reason beyond me and I’ll show you a Capture Screen (NewBlue 3) to prove what I’m saying,  the New Blue App manager and  the New Blue Titler Designer are still active and are NOWHERE to be seen on my Control Panel. If I make a search for New Blue  in the Contr. Panel  the result is NIL.  I have another uninstaller Revo Uninstaller which also does not show anymore New Blue apps present and active on my PC…don’t get it?That’s one element of the problem…how come some New Blue apps still active without being present in the Control Panel???So I went on your video at 2:51min. and used the same path as you when you are right clicking on the clip on the time line  and I did see the New Blue FX effects…Great!I know Derek that for you it must be self evident that by clicking on just the New Blue App Manager EVERYTHING is installed. Far from me because the only installation I see after clicking on the FX7 button is the the New Blue Titler Designer. How can I know that ALL the bells and whistles are included in just one click when I see underneath the FX7 on the App Manager the other apps with the INSTALL button?The only thing I can say is thanks for your patience. Looks like everything is working perfectly even though some apps are not shown in the Controil Panel…do you have an insight on this?

Again Derek I appreciate your time and comprehension

Michel
by Michel
Attachments:

Replied by Ooievaar on topic Installing New Blue Total FX

Posted 28 Feb 2022 03:06 #6
After the RESET (including clearing the cache) I had all NewBlueTotalFX tools working in my Vegas Pro 19.
Derek, thanks a lot of announcing this big offer: I was just in time to buy the upgrade including TotalFX for 47 euro.

Posted 28 Feb 2022 08:34 #7

After the RESET (including clearing the cache) I had all NewBlueTotalFX tools working in my Vegas Pro 19.
Derek, thanks a lot of announcing this big offer: I was just in time to buy the upgrade including TotalFX for 47 euro.
Glad to help 

Posted 28 Feb 2022 09:02 #8

Hi Derek,We’re just about there even though some features cannot be uninstalled, Explanation:First in your latest answer you wrote: ‘’Please STOP installing NewBlueElements3Ultimate-211005 - this is a previous product you have bought and does not need to be installed''.I assure you Derek that previous to yesterday’s purchase I had NO New Blue FX products on my PC. If you look at the second app. shown on the App Manager you’ll see what I mean.You wrote: ‘’I had hoped when I uploaded a screenshot from the App Manager on my own computer, that you would see I have only installed ONE program and nothing else’’.I do have an identical App Manager with the same features on it. It’s very confusing, first on the App manager there is Total FX 7 with a license number and then you have Elements 3 Ultimate also with a License number followed by an Install button…so I presume I must press on that INSTALL button and the 3 Titler  Pro apps. following this to get evrything installed and running?Now you want me to make a clean installation, naturally I know how Control Panel works. The ONLY New Blue app. installed was Elements 3 Ultimate. I uninstalled it.Now for a reason beyond me and I’ll show you a Capture Screen (NewBlue 3) to prove what I’m saying,  the New Blue App manager and  the New Blue Titler Designer are still active and are NOWHERE to be seen on my Control Panel. If I make a search for New Blue  in the Contr. Panel  the result is NIL.  I have another uninstaller Revo Uninstaller which also does not show anymore New Blue apps present and active on my PC…don’t get it?That’s one element of the problem…how come some New Blue apps still active without being present in the Control Panel???So I went on your video at 2:51min. and used the same path as you when you are right clicking on the clip on the time line  and I did see the New Blue FX effects…Great!I know Derek that for you it must be self evident that by clicking on just the New Blue App Manager EVERYTHING is installed. Far from me because the only installation I see after clicking on the FX7 button is the the New Blue Titler Designer. How can I know that ALL the bells and whistles are included in just one click when I see underneath the FX7 on the App Manager the other apps with the INSTALL button?The only thing I can say is thanks for your patience. Looks like everything is working perfectly even though some apps are not shown in the Controil Panel…do you have an insight on this?

Again Derek I appreciate your time and comprehension

Michel
I have a LOT of people asking for my help right now Michel.

This is my last comment on this topic:
1. The NBFX App Manager shows ALL software you ever bought/installed over many, many years.
Quite often people may have installed a NBFX app, a long time ago, but then forgot about it.
That's why I showed you a screen shot from my NBFX App Manager - it shows a lot of software, but I'm not installing anything from the past, because Total FX contains the latest versions of everything. When you look at my App Manager, Total FX it is the only thing installed.

2. You must have an entire family of Gremlins living inside of your computer, because you're the only person that has experienced any problems with installing Total FX.
There is something wrong with your Windows 10 installation, that is causing some programs to show in the Programs List.
I can't help you solve that problem.
You will need to ask for help on one of the major Windows 10 forums, if you want to pursue this any further.

I did experience a similar problem myself a few years ago. It happened when I installed an OLD version of NBFX after I had installed a NEW version of NBFX.
The way I fixed it, was to do a deep manual removal of ALL NewBlueFX files on my computer.
I had to delete parts of the Windows Registry to fix it.
I cannot help you fix this problem - it's too dangerous, if you make a mistake.
As I said, ask for help from a Windows expert online if you want to go any further.

Google Search this "program is installed but does not show in programs and features in windows 10"

Last Edit:28 Feb 2022 09:03 by DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.813 seconds