VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved No vision in preview or trimmer windows.

• ilyk49
  • ilyk49's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3
  • Thank you received: 13

No vision in preview or trimmer windows. was created by ilyk49

Posted 04 Apr 2022 13:24 #1
I have just encountered a problem on my VP 19 that I haven't before. I have been creating a video and the relevant files have been imported into VP without a problem and things were working as normal. Then I got a message to say the VP had encountered a problem with GPU. Now while I can get sound when I play a clip, there is no vision. See the attached screenshot. The thumbnails appear in the timeline, but when the timeline is played in the preview window, there is sound but no vision. When I place a clip in the trimmer window there is sound but no vision. This seems to be intermittent as sometimes when I play the timeline (after starting VP)  I get both sound and vision in the preview window, but then the vision drops out. Same with the trimmer window. Can anyone explain what is happening and how to fix the issue?
Last Edit:04 Apr 2022 13:40 by ilyk49
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic No vision in preview or trimmer windows.

Posted 04 Apr 2022 13:40 #2
Hi ilyk49

1. Try a full program reset. Instructions here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/doctor-zen-faq/573-how-to-reset-sony-software-to-default-settings

2. If reset does not work, I need to know which Graphics Card and Driver you have installed.
If you don't know which Graphics Card model you have installed, type "dxdiag" into the Windows Search box on bottom Taskbar.
Run dxdiag
What does Name say in Display 1 ?

Go to Display 2
If Display 2 says something different, what does it say ?

3. If you have an Nvidia GPU, right-click your Windows Desktop and select Nvidia Control Center.
Which Driver version does it report ?
OR
If you have an AMD Radeon GPU, select Catalyst Control Center or Adrenalin....
Which Driver version does it report ?

Regards
Derek

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• ilyk49
  • ilyk49's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3
  • Thank you received: 13

Replied by ilyk49 on topic No vision in preview or trimmer windows.

Posted 04 Apr 2022 17:26 #3
Thanks Derek

The reset seems to have done the job (at least for the time being).

Cheers

Peter
Last Edit:04 Apr 2022 18:24 by ilyk49

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.681 seconds