VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Question Glitching Newblue transitions during render

Glitching Newblue transitions during render was created by BlackSands

Posted 25 Jul 2022 11:29 #1
Just wondering if anyone can offer any insights into what is a rather annoying problem which I experience in both MS17 and VP18:  when I use a Newblue transition FX quite often if not always they ended up "glitching" quite badly during a render.  The problem is persistent enough that it pretty much makes these transistions unusable.     If I swap them out for VEGAS transistions the render then proceeds without problem.   Any thoughts on a best strategy for identifying why NB seems to misbehave on my system?  
| Movie Studio 17 / VEGAS Pro 19/20) | Intel i5-3.8gHz | 16Gb | nVidia GTX1030 | NewBlue Transistions 5/TotalFX7 |
Last Edit:25 Jul 2022 13:02 by BlackSands

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Glitching Newblue transitions during render

Posted 25 Jul 2022 13:12 #2
Hi BlackSands

Glitching in NBFX normally indicates a Graphics Card / Drivers problem.
New Blue FX use GPU Acceleration and require a modern graphics card with up-to-date Drivers.

1. What model Graphics Card does your computer use?
Which Driver build version do you have installed?

2. If your computer uses a CPU with "included graphics" and that is selected as the primary GPU for use with Vegas, that could also be the problem.
Open Vegas and go to Options/Preferences/Video
Open the GPU Acceleration drop down box.
What options are listed and which option is selected?

3. Have you ever reset Vegas and cleaned the temporary files cache?
Another thing that can sometimes cause glitches, is a corrupted temporary files cache (folder).
This folder contains thumbnails generated from your videos and also FX settings.
If you haven't cleaned it out in a long time, I recommend doing so now.
Reset instructions here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/doctor-zen-faq/573-how-to-reset-sony-software-to-default-settings#a1
This will restore ALL settings in the program to default options and delete the temporary files cache.
It will NOT delete any of your saved projects.

Regards
Derek

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by BlackSands on topic Glitching Newblue transitions during render

Posted 25 Jul 2022 14:26 #3
Hi,

Thanks for the response.  I have a modest nVidia GTX1030 - with latest drivers installed.  GPU acceleration is currently enabled.

I'll try your #3 suggestion and see how I get on.

Cheers.  
| Movie Studio 17 / VEGAS Pro 19/20) | Intel i5-3.8gHz | 16Gb | nVidia GTX1030 | NewBlue Transistions 5/TotalFX7 |

Posted 11 Aug 2022 07:49 #4
As it happens I took advantage of the Vegas 19/20 upgrade offer. Unfortunately the problem still persists with ver 19. The just released VP20 is downloading now - albiet VERY slowly. I don't expect the Newblue problem I have will be solved with this version either unfortunately.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Glitching Newblue transitions during render

Posted 11 Aug 2022 14:51 #5
Which render format and template are you using to make a video ?
Some video formats can cause unexpected problems.
The best format to use is MAGIX AVC/AAC - Internet HD 1080p
If you have been using MAGIX HVEC/AAC, that can sometimes cause problems if you have driver issues.

If you have been rendering with an NVENC (Nvidia profile), don't do that - NVENC uses the GPU for most of the work - sometimes NVENC causes problems in rare cases.
Use a non-NVENC profile, which will use the CPU to do most of the work.

Another thing to check, is to make sure your Frame Rate matches all the way through your project!
Source Video Frame Rate should = Project Property Frame Rate should = Render As Frame Rate - all the same.
Sometimes a mis-match in Frame Rates can cause artefacts in a video.
If the source video came from a Mobile Phone, that can also cause problems.
Mobile Phones record with a Variable Frame Rate, which can cause awful problems in Video Editing programs, which prefer to use Constant Frame Rates.
I always recommend people convert Variable Frame Rate video into Constant Frame Rate, before you import into VEGAS.
If you need help with converting, l can provide further instructions...

If none of my new info helps, I recommend you post a message about your problem with the NewBlueFX glitch on the official Vegas Pro forums.
There is a much BIGGER community there.
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/
Press FORUM in top left corner for actual forum when you get there.

I have the full suite of NewBlue FX installed and have never had any problems.
I'm using an Nvidia GTX2060 with Studio Drivers installed.

If you discover the cause of problem, please post a message back here with the solution - it will help others in the future.

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:11 Aug 2022 14:54 by DoctorZen

Posted 11 Aug 2022 17:56 #6
"Sometimes a mis-match in Frame Rates can cause artefacts in a video"

This could be an issue as I do use a lot of free stock footage, and the frame rates do vary.   I do however set the FR of the project to the dominant FR of the imported clips.  I could actually  use Handbrake to re-render a clip so it is consistent with the project FR but this really would add a lot to the overall editing time - but  do I get, if that's what I ultimately need to do, then I suppose I have no choice if I want a hassle-free edit/render!   

I've tried HEVC a few times  - it's slow, and rendered file size is certainly much smaller, but yes, I agree it has been problematic so mostly I use, as you mention Magix AVC in preference.  I'm actually unaware of NVENC so can't comment on that.. but I will investigate!   

Thanks for you input - I certainly appreciate your dedication and commitment to the product!  
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.864 seconds