VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Question Open Titler Pro7 button not working in and Vegas Pro

Open Titler Pro7 button not working in and Vegas Pro was created by Darn Stunna

Posted 04 Oct 2022 01:34 #1
Hi Derek,

we last communicated some time ago - I upgraded to Vegas Post 19 last year and truthfully haven't done a lot of video editing in that time due to getting side tracked with other things. I have gone in a few times to try out Titler Pro 7 in Vegas 19 but have never had success with it. I have what appears to be the same problem that I have recently read many others experiencing and that is that the "Open Tilter Pro" button is dead. Maybe I have missed something because I haven't been chained to the wheel but off what I can see it doesn't want to play the game. Is it a trial version that was included with Vegas, or limited to things created in Stream or am I missing the big picture here.
I have a beast of a PC so thats not the problem  - any suggestions would be appreciated.
PS - I wasn't a big fan of Titler Pro in its early incarnations as it was so glitchy and it just crashed my PC regularly and have been looking at Boris Titler as an alternative....

regards

Mark 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Open Titler Pro7 button not working in and Vegas Pro

Posted 04 Oct 2022 07:37 #2
I have moved your new message into it's own thread, because your problem has nothing to do with the other problem discussed in the alternate thread.

On my own computer, New Blue Titler Pro 7 is working just fine - it's a very powerful program and works well most of the time.

There is only one problem I am aware of, that can effect some Titler Pro 7 users.
There is a stupid low-grade "free" app from New Blue FX, that comes with the VEGAS installer app, called Live2Post.
Live2Post is associated with VEGAS Stream and is a dumbed down crappy version of Titler Pro.
If you already have any version of Titler Pro installed and also install Live2Post, it will completely screw up Titler Pro and make it not work at all!
You can point the blame at New Blue for this ridiculous problem - the Live2Post installer should stop if it sees that Titler Pro is already installed.

This problem has been discussed in this thread on the official Vegas Pro forums here:
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/newblue-titler-pro-7-open-fx-not-working--134275/

The solution to the problem requires uninstalling Live2Post, if that is on your computer.
Also uninstall NB Titler Pro 7 or New Blue Total FX, if you bought it as part of Total FX.
Now re-boot your computer.
Re-install Titler Pro 7 and/or NB Total FX.
Then do a full program reset for VEGAS Pro, which will do a fresh scan for all 3rd party FX on your system.
Reset instructions here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/doctor-zen-faq/how-to-reset-sony-software-to-default-settings#a1

Now you can test Titler Pro 7.
Go to Media Generators and drag Titler Pro onto a Video Track.
Please note that the very first time you open Titler Pro in VEGAS, it may freeze and do nothing - this is normal.
Close the Titler Pro interface and then re-open - it should now open without freezing.

Normally when you press the button shown at red arrow below, the Titler Pro interface will open automatically.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.784 seconds