VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Question Vegas Pro 20 Keyframe Issue

• SKlein
  • SKlein's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 0

Vegas Pro 20 Keyframe Issue was created by SKlein

Posted 27 Nov 2022 07:17 #1
I've come across an issue with keyframing on my Vegas Pro project files. I did recently upgrade from VP19 to VP20 and this is when the issue began, so I'm unsure if it's just a setting that I'm missing. I'll provide a video below showcasing the issue, but in short, I'm unable to move/slide the keyframes for the FX applied to my clips as I normally would be able to. I've tried toggling sync to timeline and that doesn't appear to help. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I've been using Vegas on/off for a number of years, and this one has me stumped. 

Video replicating the issue

What version of VEGAS Pro are you using? 20.0 Build 214
Version Proof

w/Boris FX Continuum Plug-ins for OFX 2023 v16.0.0.848

w/Boris FX Sapphire Plug-ins for OFX 2023.0

What exact graphics card do you have in your PC?
EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 12GB FTW3
by SKlein

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Vegas Pro 20 Keyframe Issue

Posted 03 Jan 2023 19:13 #2
Hello SKlein

I am sorry for the extremely long delay in responding to your message.
I was ill for many weeks near the end of last year (2022) and missed approving some of the new messages posted.

If you are still experiencing the problem with Key-Frames in VEGAS Pro, here are some things I suggest.
Please Note: I checked in my version of Vegas Pro 20 and the key-frames are working OK

1. Over the last 2 months, a few VEGAS Pro users have reported some weird problems that just started out of the blue.
Some of these users worked out that a bad Nvidia Driver update was the cause of problems in VEGAS Pro.
When they installed the latest driver updates, the problem in VEGAS disappeared.
Check you have the latest Nvidia Drivers installed!
www.nvidia.com/download/index.aspx
If you don't game on your computer, I recommend installing the Studio Drivers instead of Game Drivers - Studio Drivers are more stable with content creation programs like VEGAS Pro.

2. Try a full program reset, just to rule out anything weird.
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/doctor-zen-faq/how-to-reset-sony-software-to-default-settings#a1
Please note you may have to reconfigure any personal program settings in Preferences, after doing a reset.

3. Post your problem on the official VEGAS Pro forums.
The developers of VEGAS do monitor the forums. There maybe a bug I don't know about that only effects Nvidia 3000 series GPUs.
There maybe other users who are experiencing the same problem as yourself?
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/vegas-pro-forum/

4. I am pretty sure that a new VEGAS Pro 20 build update will be released soon.
The next build update will probably have many bug fixes and new features added to it.
New free build versions are always announced on the VEGAS Forums here:
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/news-forum/

Regards
Derek

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.712 seconds